Oh no, they're coming.....Oh no they're not

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
To start fitting a new kitchen on Thursday, then a new bathroom next week. No I'm not ultra well off, I rent. But I hate having strange people in the house wandering about, I never now where to put myself. I shall be glued to Retrobike in the hope of being able to hide away.

Oooh I am a wuss.

Alison

It'll be all over in a few days then you can enjoy your new home.

al. :D

If they're decent builders, then the offer of a cake or two, or perhaps the odd sausage roll or bacon buttie would ensure that you could get any little additional odd-jobs done at no extra charge, too ;)

Isaac_AG":1d5w4wes said:
longun":1d5w4wes said:
as a builder.....make shit tea and theyll hurry it up lol ;)

Make tea :shock: Don't they bring flasks :?:

Alison

Flasks!?!?! You'll be lucky!

Make sure you at least offer them a brew, there's nothing worse than working at someone's gaff and they don't offer u a drink or you might start to get the comments like 'has the kettle broke?' or 'you had a power cut?' :)

1210tech":2kxcj0mc said:
Isaac_AG":2kxcj0mc said:
longun":2kxcj0mc said:
as a builder.....make shit tea and theyll hurry it up lol ;)

Make tea :shock: Don't they bring flasks :?:

Alison

Flasks!?!?! You'll be lucky!

Make sure you at least offer them a brew, there's nothing worse than working at someone's gaff and they don't offer u a drink or you might start to get the comments like 'has the kettle broke?' or 'you had a power cut?' :)

My sister had an insurance bloke around once, and stayed for ages, and he made a comment like that to me when he wanted a cup of tea, I was so incensed I told him if he wanted a drink he could bloody make himself one and walked off.

I'll try to be a bit more polite here, how often do they expect sustenance, I've never had builders around before :D

Alison

Back