Free Photoshop for Mac's and PC's

Technically they are not giving it away, you still do not have a license to use it unless you already own one. It is there as their activation or whatever servers are being taken off line for the old product.

They are well aware many will use these older versions without owning them, and that is a strategy many software providers employ to maintain 'market' presence, and despite the age the functionality is right up there. Nice one!

:)

Snd that some will use CS2 and may buy an upgrade product rather than the expensive full retail.

Still a great thing to do though, something to recommend to folks other than Gimp.

swannymere":2gga31rw said:
OK, but for the time being its free to use :D
It'll still be free to use, it's released like this because the servers are going down. Just as coincidence everyone happens to be able to use it. Which is good as I don't have to use my slightly more dodgy version of Illus.CS2 anymore ;-)

cyfa2809":2bygzo47 said:
So it works forever or what then?

Aye, could one of you fine gents explain what this means to me (clueless!)

Can I get photoshop (albeit an old version) for free, legitimately? :oops: :oops:

It's legit, as for how long it lasts nobody knows as the servers its hosted on are going to be shut down. So enjoy it while you can.

swannymere":3mvfir5l said:
It's legit, as for how long it lasts nobody knows as the servers its hosted on are going to be shut down. So enjoy it while you can.

No it is not legitimate, unless you already have the license. But nobody is going to know and for all intents and purposes is as good as since Adobe know what's happening and as above will be hoping to benefit from their lacks security of the codes. Everyone will be using the same.
It will run indefinitely as its and offline setup. It is only the old activation servers going offline for this version, hence 'this version' is there.
plenty of info onto web.

Latest posts

Back