Mumsnet

its a hard life for some aint it,jesus christ,i dont earn that much in ten years!
so that makes me lowest form of life,and i have 3 kids who dont go to private school,couldnt afford that,paying the childminder is bad enough.

I suppose like all of us we get used to spending what we earn and very few of us save anymore.

If you're on £250k and have no savings you are a retard. It's people like that redundancy was made for. (And I've been there (albeit it not on £250k!) before anyone starts hectoring).

Money is about securing your future (and the children's). £250k for a even few years should do that fairly easily. Instead redundancy or demotion by the sound of it would **** this guy and the kids.

Most of the posters are missing the point (unsurprising on mumsnet). The £250k isn't the problem (or the solution in this case). It's an arbitrary figure people clearly get all het up about, but if it's largely spent or overspent every month that family is poorer than one on £30k with bills paid and a few quid stuck away. Not to mention the stress the guy will have juggling things around and worrying he's in too deep (if he even has the wherewithal to realise it).

Never ceases to amaze me how many fairly well paid people have no financial common sense whatsoever. The line between his current 'success' and total failure is wafer thin, and likely out of his hands. He should spend a few quid on The Richest Man in Babylon.

And FFS would someone go on there and explain to the plebs that income is not the same as wealth!

Retro Cat":229qj4dw said:
http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/1653159-To-not-feel-rich-even-though-husband-earns-250k-a-year

Amusing but probably a troll...
You spend a lot of time there?

technodup":1itbmier said:
If you're on £250k and have no savings you are a retard. It's people like that redundancy was made for. (And I've been there (albeit it not on £250k!) before anyone starts hectoring).

not an unsuprising quote from yourself but yes wether its 25 grand or 250 life can change at the flick of the switch. and depending what part of the country your in 250k can be as equally quick to dissappear as 25k

You get a good wage then you get a better house, better car, better education for your kids to give them a better chance in their life. You work hard, play hard and possibly treat yourself to some things you wouldn't have if you were on 25k

so you work hard and then suddenly through no fault of your own you become ill, can't work and overnight the good life you had is suddenly gone.

it never ceases to amaze me just how spitefully jealous most Brits are instead of saying... you know what, good luck to them..but instead the standard mantra is look at that flash git he deserves all the bad luck in the world

Funny thing is ..the ones bitching the most about how other people spend their money....would tell anyone trying to tell them how to spend theirs.. to bugger off

Surely you can provide some sort of financial security for yourself on £250,000 a year :shock:
It is after all £20,833 a month, i just about scrape that a year and i'm financially secure ;)

Re: .

Grannygrinder":1i5nqqa7 said:
Surely you can provide some sort of financial security for yourself on £250,000 a year :shock:
It is after all £20,833 a month, i just about scrape that a year and i'm financially secure ;)

£250k pa is just over £11k a month, if they pay tax.

Still a lot of money, but in reality someone with a salary of 250,000 is only taking home 140,000.

Back