On another note at 19 what was your bike of choice

I was bike less at the time. My last bike at that point was an '87 diamondback ascent. I broke it when I was sixteen and didn't own another bike till I was 25 or so.

clockworkgazz":uplrb9zz said:
was a clockwork but after trying a few other bikes I have found that oranges are not the only fruit.

Nooo they are the only fruit :D

Ali

Mine was my Giant Track ATX850, bought new end of 1996 as the last years model, came with full stx spec, but i ripped it all off and binned it in favour of lx and xt, converted it to aheadset and fitted 97 judy xc's, was well specced and rode really well, saw a couple of pics the rents took the day i picked it up, god i wish id left it in factory trim now!

Just to add, id had it three or four years by that time, as i was 19 in 2000!

My Jamis Dakar Sport got broken by a car when I was 19. I wasn't riding it at the time, and my mate was fine. He never paid me for the damage though, and I couldn't afford to replace it until I was 20/21. With my WCF 4.0 that I got NOS in 99. My dream bike was and is a DB Axis TT

I was commuting to and from work, and occasionally working, on a Trek mainly, a racer of some sort and whatever else was laying around. Nothing fancy.

Back