Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:48 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:37 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 8771
Location: scotland
i just sold a bike on ebay with a near offer but the buyer sent me this...

I did realize the bike was in Scotland, I'm very sorry but I'm not prepared to buy I bike without viewing kit first. I also did realize that by making you a offer I committed myself to buying?
sorry

now the question i'm asking is can i relist the bike and still open a claim so that i don't have to pay the fee's (£75) for the first auction ? or do i have to wait the 4 days then relist ?????

cheers 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:47 pm 
North Wales AEC / OWMTBC 2010 Champion
North Wales AEC / OWMTBC 2010 Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 10:13 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Chester
I think you can mutually agree to withdraw and fees will not have to be paid.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:59 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 4:24 am
Posts: 713
Location: Edinburgh
probably best to start a non payment claim

if a mutual goes wrong i dont think it can be reversed so you would lose fee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:05 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 8771
Location: scotland
after the cheeky pm i got from him i have no intrest in trying to come to a mutual agreement , i just need to know if i can relist the bike and still open a non payment claim in the 4 days that i have to wait ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:14 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:34 pm
Posts: 26184
Location: Moomin Valley
open a non paying bidder thingy - that way you get your fees back.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:25 pm
Posts: 606
Location: New Forest
Definitely open a non paying bidder dispute, the cheeky bar steward :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 pm 
eBay Outing Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:53 pm
Posts: 8000
i think you have to wait 7 days before you open a non paying bidder dispute?

I've had this before and it went like this

Later, a day or so they basically say they don't want it....I contact the second highest asking if they are interested and also naming and shaming the non bidder..sometimes they say yes sometimes they say no

if they say no..then again I moved forward with the non paying bidder dispute
within a few days of the dispute being concluded I think ebay refund your fees


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:04 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:40 am
Posts: 3001
I don't think you can relist it until you've sorted out the dispute, as until you do you have technically sold it, just not been paid for it yet, and you can't relist something that isn't "yours". Best to open a non-paying bidder dispute, then he gets a warning from ebay to pay up or get a non-paying bidder "black mark" on his account. If you resolve it with an agreement that the sale isn't to go ahead ("buyer has changed his mind" or similar) then I'm 99% certain you also get your fees back and it's also less hassle, but I'm not sure what happens if you try that route and don't come to an agreement. Then again, if he's said he doesn't want it, then I can't see why he'd mess you around if you try and come to an agreement?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:33 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:41 pm
Posts: 1697
you can relist without solving a dispute
i sold an exhaust 3 times clearly stated no postage collection only
every time it sold the buyers would ask for details an never turn up

after the 3rd time i smashed it to pieces
started a dispute the buyer is yet to respond an this was about 6 months ago


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 8771
Location: scotland
cheers everyone for the advice but i think i'll just break the bike as it'll sell easier :(


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FairfaxPat and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group