Anyone seen Hydorah?

Think nothing of it.

My advice is free.

I guess you are one of those speed freaks who never sustains a note long enough to play with a mouse.

Haha!

Nah I'm not too bad - A bit of shreddage sometimes happens but just a little here and there

But I do sometimes tap out scales and stuff while using the computer, not often though usually try to keep away from the computer when I'm playing guitar

And I play an '85 Gibson Les Paul Custom, so I do have plenty of sustain

...I have an '87 Kramer too... That's the thing for fret board w*nking

Do you play?

Lifelong. Never more than a mild stretch from something with strings on it. :)

Were you the one who scooped out a couple of chambers on your Paul?

That guitar goes through lots of changes

Scary stuff that was! Worth it though, definitely created more resonance although it still weighs a ton

It had been through a lot of changes before I got it, used to have a Kahler on it - Not a factory job

Shame, it has a lovely tiger top under the finish, but a giant Kahler route kind of puts the kibosh on a translucent finish - If I had done it in a burst I would sold it and bought another doggy one

Just as well though because a wreck gives me carte blanche for my personal brand of butchery

It's two 500T pickups, bridge is wired straight to the toggle switch, no pots or cap, the neck is wired to the pots so if I wind the volume down I can use it as kill switch on the bridge pickup

I have Sperzels and medium/jumbo frets on it, next mod is a coil split on a push pull pot for the neck pickup for single coil tones - should be a doddle to do

I have an ES137 Custom which just lives in it's case 99% of the time because it doesn't feel part of me and doen't have the magic - and I'd never hack it around

I haven't got round to refinishing the back of the Paul yet cos I play it every day. Nothing else comes close

Weird, my mate has a 137 he has been trying to flog to me for a couple of years! I have a 'favourite' strat 'ultra' with a Warmoth neck on it, supposed to be short term as I was having the original worked on but it works better for me than the ebony so that will stay in the closet. Stuck a classic bridge on it and raised the action for slide, stuck in a set of vintage pups and pots in and it sings like a baby rabbit. It never sees a case, and never leaves the house. Gets plenty of abuse.

Now that is what it is all about!

Build how you like it

The fact you can't put it down means it's excellent

There's a lot of parallels with the bikes actually!

Except I've never found any guitar forum interesting enough to join

Latest posts

Back