Eric Larson riding his Moonlander to South Pole - Antartica

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Dont know how many are following this but thought I would post for those that might have missed it. Eric Larson is riding his Surly Moonlander to the South Pole. A women rode and skied it last year but from what I seen she skied nearly all of it with minimal time on the bike but Eric is attempting to do the whole 750 miles on his Moonlander.
Check his out his website. Cool dude :cool:

http://www.ericlarsenexplore.com/

Jamie

i remember seeing a Ray Mears talk where he mentioned a german guy who tryed the same thing, Ray was sceptical that it was possible because of the amount you would sweat, that sweat would need to go somwhere and would then freeze. i guess modern materials are making things more of a possability, it will be intresting to see how he gets on.

My Bad

Hi Guys
My bad :oops:
I haven't logged on for a few days and just posted the link from my Favourites last night while faffing about.
Checked in this morning and read the last 3 updates since I was on, and even turning back and getting back to Hercules base is no easy feat :)
Still, doesn't matter to me whether he made it or not, the fact he tried is testament enough to his toughness, and maybe a bit of Surly inspired madness as well ;)

Still an inspiration!

Jamie

I read a couple of daily updates and was impressed by how he managed to name so many of his suppliers in ordinary statements.

Back