I want I want I want....throws toys out of pram

fantastic - full of citroen eccentricity. I love it and I think the interior looks great. :D

Oh so nice. SO nice. I know you're supposed to like DS's more because they are so beautiful and SM's more because they are cooler, but I'm a CX man. Always was. Child of the 80's and like the edges.

My favourite Citroen, the CX.

Go on, buy it and bring it to RB meets.

:D

Wu-Tangled":331chzis said:
Oh so nice. SO nice. I know you're supposed to like DS's more because they are so beautiful and SM's more because they are cooler, but I'm a CX man. Always was. Child of the 80's and like the edges.

My favourite Citroen, the CX.

Go on, buy it and bring it to RB meets.

Wish I could, but not keen on the non-original engine and a big Citroen should be an auto. The clutch cable routing from conversion to RHD goes all over the place and the clutch action can be very stiff.

There, convinced myself that I don't want it :LOL:

Series 2 (less rust prone) Prestige without the horrid vinyl roof....yum yuim.

Not a fan of them sorry, But at least the older Citroen's had style compared to new ones :cool:

exbiker":wq0uzmja said:
Not a fan of them sorry, But at least the older Citroen's had style compared to new ones :cool:

I think the C6 is fabulous. And when they've depreciated enough, I shall make one mine to replace the (frankly boring) BMW 528.

I will be keeping the DS for the forseeable future though.

Fellow I travel on the train with has just restored a GTI Turbo 2. It's perfect. Great car and such a bizarre choice for teh station runner.

Wu-Tangled":37ksa4v0 said:
Fellow I travel on the train with has just restored a GTI Turbo 2. It's perfect. Great car and such a bizarre choice for teh station runner.

Very nice...and very fast :cool: Pictures please :LOL:
Must have cost a fortune to restore :shock:

I used to drive for a firm that delivered all the cars and parts to Peugeot/citroen dealers, One day i was sat having a break and was watching the Car Transporter driver unloading all the new models. The very last one he took off was a C2 he reversed it off the transporter turned it round then drove past me towards the garage forecourt ready for inspection, As he passed me there was an almighty bang and the car just stopped. Next time i was at the garage i was talking to one of the mechanics and asked him what had happened, It turned out there was no oil or water in the engine and it had thrown a rod out of the side of the block :shock: So somebody somewhere bought a brand new car that only had a few miles on the clock but was on its 2nd engine already.

retro rides

http://www.thejoyofcx.co.uk/pages/pg1.htm

Great to see there's a following on this forum for retro rides.
I work as a clay modeller in a car design studio ( I'll let you guess which one!! :D ) so every day I work with some real enthusiasts and petrol heads. More to the point..... most of these guys have some cool retro rides...everything from Opels to early Porsche. The boss even has a Daytona. :cool:
Anyway... discussing the new Citroen C5 from the design merits of the C6, conversation came round to the CX. The link to the above website is from one of our designers. The car in the conversion is his dad's. :cool: :cool:
....enjoy!!

I know I've posted this before... this is my DS!

Attachments

• DSCF2022.JPG
    DSCF2022.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,378
Back