Ham String

captaincosmic

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Mine keeps twitching from time to time what should I do ?
Is it just gentle stretching or should I see a sports physio as I cant afford to have it go on me.

Stretching will help, massage is also good, make sure you properly warm up & cool down when exercising. If it's sore after exercise then ease off to let it recover properly, local ice or heat may help, and Ibuprofen can help to reduce any swelling.

Is this something which has suddenly come on? (ie after an intense session) or has it been niggling for a while?

You might want to look at your position on your bike, has anything changed recently? or if you run you could get your "gait" analysed by a sports physio or for free at one of the proper running shoe shops.

In my experience it's all about the "core" muscles, abs, back, hip flexors etc, it's surprising how many other problems can arise through poor core strength.

if it's recent then hot and cold. If it's been long term then get it sorted professionally

So little info in the post to go on.

I have had major ham string problems over the years. Legacy of extreme build up as a youth, and subsequent back problems.

Most likely pressure on a nerve.

Stretching will do no harm, if there are no tears.

There may be tears, but work through the pain, nice and slow.

Thanks chaps
It's recent ....in the last week and could be a new cleat position ?
I set them up on some new Sidi dragons where I thought they should be but immediately had knee ache so relaxed them back off the ball of the foot which seemed to work. However I am a grinder and refuse to get out of the saddle which may be compounding things

Back