If you had to.....

B77

Senior Retro Guru
I know most people on here have more than one bike but if you had to get rid of them all and keep only one, which one would it be and why ?

The one I'd keep would be the Cannondale Gemini team Volvo, it does it all and does it well, locked out it's happy on tarmac, unlocked it'll handle most things.

Good question :!:

For me it would be my Yeti. Had it from new, feels like more of the family than a bike. done pretty much everything on it (Raced (both XC & DH), toured, commued, even time trialled.

Sorry to say I haven't ridden it for a while, but it's a long term rebuild after finding a crack and getting it repaired (got all the bits just want to finish it and re-christen it when "it's right" if you know what I mean ;) )

I'd keep my '09 Fisher full sus-I ride it everywhere, even on road rides sometimes- I'm even considering building another disc wheelset with 1.5" slicks for the road for it. Suspension is wonderful, on road or off, plus disc brakes are so much better than rim brakes. I love my old Funk and Redline, but at this point, they are for cruising, not serious riding...I am keeping the Tandem, too...

i have done this in past year

sold GC extreme and stumpy fsr 2004

gained a 2004 rockhopper

and 98 ground control pro

had already got rid of retro bikes before i joined forum

only really joined for post 98 forum looking for sharkfin adapter

I love my British hand made frames, they all ride so well, but the one I would keep would be my first proper build, my 94 Zaskar LE, as I've had it from new and would not want to be parted from it for sentimental reasons.

It is also a very fun bike to ride.

My Fort CX bike (OK, not that retro but it does have a very nice TIG-welded Columbus Foco steel frame and a good mix of 80s/90s components from Modolo, Sachs, Middleburn, Hope, etc.). With a swap of tyres it's as good on road as off it - I did actually do a time trial on it once whilst my road bike was out of order!

David

I've already reached that point after many many bikes, and used to have at least 3 on the go all the time...........now down to a Voodoo Erzulie with Salsa fork and modern bits.

I 've had 2 erzulie's before in many guises a wanga and a protype bizango.........best all round hardtail for me. Use if off road, on road, rigid,sus, panniers, racekit...always gives a great ride however you build it up.. :D

Without a doubt my Dekerf Implant Ti. Had built for me and it absolutely is the best ride I have owned. Love the detailing and always had a soft spot for this make.

Latest posts

Back