Le Hobbit...

mullinino

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
...is brilliant.Mind you I haven't been to the movies in 12 years,so maybe its just me.Reminded me of Bad Taste,both films have some of the most inventive and original ways of knocking off the baddies you'll ever see....the action scenes are staggering too,that man really knows how to use a camera-real or virtual.And I'm only going to watch 3D films from now on.Don't bother disagreeing with me because you'll be wasting both our times by being wrong.That's all...

:cool: < 3-d glasses

Told the wife I'd dreamt that I'd written The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings. She said, " You've been Tolkien in your sleep again".

02gf74":2z4btylr said:
Told the wife I'd dreamt that I'd written The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings. She said, " You've been Tolkien in your sleep again".

Here's a pound... go out and buy a new joke!

Thread cleaned up. Please let's all remember this is a public internet forum, jokes which may be suitable for telling to your mates down the pub are perhaps not suitable for here.

Look forward to seeing this film.

I will be off to see it sometime over the holidays. Hoping it lives up to the book a little better than the LOTR ones did. Hard ask I guess, but I felt everything was a little clinical on those films.

Nice to have a film that appeals to such a wide age range.

(Fixed that typo, thanks dbmtb, quite inadvertent and ironic! They were not THAT bad.)

I'm a little disappointed that he felt the need to stretch it over 3 films. I know he's used extra material from JRRT himself, but I'd rather the film 'felt' more like the book. Personally, I was quite happy with LotR, minor inaccuracies and all...

highlandsflyer":1coululf said:
Hoping it lives up to the book a little better than the LORT ones did.

Coming from someone who I know to have lived in Denmark, I assume LORT was not just a typo or Freudian slip . .

This may or may not need the cleaners in.

highlandsflyer":319wxmwl said:
I will be off to see it sometime over the holidays. Hoping it lives up to the book a little better than the LOTR ones did. Hard ask I guess, but I felt everything was a little clinical on those films.

Nice to have a film that appeals to such a wide age range.

(Fixed that typo, thanks dbmtb, quite inadvertent and ironic! They were not THAT bad.)

I was initially disappointed that he was "stretching" it to 3 films, as the book is pretty short, and the story simple.

However, if the 1st film is anything to go by - it works!!!

A better individual film that any of the LOTR ones (all of which were too long and modern-hobbit-lovey-bonding for my liking). Once the first 30 to 40mins have passed (which are a bit slow), the rest of the film is greta.

Casting for Bilbo is spot-on.

All in all, I was impressed, and looking forward to the next one.

Back