The London Bike Show

with out meaning to sound miserable, i have got really bored of the UK shows, nothing seems to have changed recently, the most promotion any manufacturer seems to come out with is that their product is 10 grams lighter this year etc.

the cycle show at the NEC was pretty dull, the london show i feel is more of the same but more specific to london cycling.

jonnyboy666":18k5ln4u said:
with out meaning to sound miserable, i have got really bored of the UK shows, nothing seems to have changed recently, the most promotion any manufacturer seems to come out with is that their product is 10 grams lighter this year etc.

the cycle show at the NEC was pretty dull, the london show i feel is more of the same but more specific to london cycling.

miserable sod.....

My mate owns an outlet and was buzzed after coming back from the NEC.

Each to their own I guess, I would assume it is all much of a muchness nowadays and more about marketing than innovation.

well for me the shows are about seeing something new or innovative, it seems now it's just about selling you the new model.

this is why i want to go to the NAHBS, atleast there it will be individual builders with their own thoughts.

also, the NEC, there was too much stuff that a relatively serious cyclist just isn't interested in, kids helmets for example (they are important, don't get me wrong) do they really need to be at the NEC cycleshow? most parents who have their kids on their bikes or have the kid on their own bike would sort them a helmet but would they need to go to the NEC to check them out? i don't think so, they'd go to their local shop or whatever, so what's the point in the guy being there? i can't see it getting him sales.

what i would prefer is that the main brands would all be there so that you can compare anything you are thinking of all in one place but even the main brands have realised it's just not worth it so you end up with just a couple.

the best show (i think) at the moment in the UK is bespoked bristol. predominantly high end and reasonably niche aimed at the higher end cyclist for who cycling in some form is a part of their life.

the shows could be so good but i always find them a let down.

I will probably go. I'm not sure if it is this year, but the last two have combined with the boat show, and as I have an interest in both, would be fun to attend

jonnyboy666":2ap47hcu said:
well for me the shows are about seeing something new or innovative, it seems now it's just about selling you the new model.

this is why i want to go to the NAHBS, atleast there it will be individual builders with their own thoughts.

also, the NEC, there was too much stuff that a relatively serious cyclist just isn't interested in, kids helmets for example (they are important, don't get me wrong) do they really need to be at the NEC cycleshow? most parents who have their kids on their bikes or have the kid on their own bike would sort them a helmet but would they need to go to the NEC to check them out? i don't think so, they'd go to their local shop or whatever, so what's the point in the guy being there? i can't see it getting him sales.

what i would prefer is that the main brands would all be there so that you can compare anything you are thinking of all in one place but even the main brands have realised it's just not worth it so you end up with just a couple.

the best show (i think) at the moment in the UK is bespoked bristol. predominantly high end and reasonably niche aimed at the higher end cyclist for who cycling in some form is a part of their life.

the shows could be so good but i always find them a let down.

My mate sells certain brands and you should hear him when he gets into autosales mode.

Blerbhhhhhhh.

Back