Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:04 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:08 pm 
Retro Guru

Theres this....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20838729

Then there's this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20838925

It makes you want to weep for the sheer stupidity of manknd

Happy Christmas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:17 pm 
Old School Grand Master

As much as I detest Morgan, or at least his usual public persona, I am with him on this issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:28 pm 
eBay Outing Master

I've just emailed Obi suggesting he introduce a 9 law..no firearm sold to civilians should carry more than 9 rounds...I fully expect the cia at my door before the end of the day..or the nra :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:36 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Thing is, as long as guns are so cheap, you can carry an arsenal, no need to reload to kill in number.

The answer is so much more to do with society and culture than the practicalities.

Changing the precepts are the only possible way forward.

Time to just get rid of all guns casually owned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:08 pm 
Retro Guru

But the real question is 'What would Jesus do?'. :lol:
I bet there is a correlation between the religiosity of a person and the number of guns owned by that person. Christians with guns - epic irony.
Those NRA representatives give me the creeps. I don't like how Piers Morgan keeps interrupting and lecturing them throughout the 'interview' though. He comes across as a liberal Bill O'reilly. 'I shout louder than you so I must be right.' It was hard for me to watch the entire thing. On top of that, letting these two gun fanatics spout their nonsense might have even better proven his point. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:45 am 
Old School Grand Master

Bram J wrote:
But the real question is 'What would Jesus do?'. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:52 pm 
Retro Guru

Haha,Great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:57 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

The deport Piers Morgan thing makes all the "we want to protect our second amendment rights" stuff look like the gibberish it really is. If these people were so bothered about freedom they wouldn't be talking about limiting freedom of speech.

At the end of the day - they are gun addicts afraid of losing their fix. Simple as that. Anything else they come up with is just smoke and mirrors. Not very good smoke and mirrors - but smoke and mirrors nonetheless-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:30 pm 
eBay Outing Master

I don't think it's as simple as they need their fix

Another way, say we in the u.k. get a spate of mentally disturbed young teenagers/young men who then get in cars and run down people killing 10, 20 at a time. Would we ban cars?

What would the rest of the car owners say if there was a suggested ban? The same as any majority who play by the rules and one or two try and break them. No majority should be punished for the law breaking of the few.Lets be honest more die in the u.k. in cars than from guns but guess which one is banned

Most gun owners do use them legally and safely but in todays media everything is not only reported but sensationalized.

I'm sure there are as many gun owners angry about what this kid did as non gun owners, owning a gun doesn't mean you have an emotion bypass

I do hope they ban anything over a 9 clip capacity and they ban military type weapons to civilians but this will be a slow change and as long as we are understanding of that then I am sure change will happen for the better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:33 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

sylus wrote:
I don't think it's as simple as they need their fix

Another way, say we in the u.k. get a spate of mentally disturbed young teenagers/young men who then get in cars and run down people killing 10, 20 at a time. Would we ban cars?

What would the rest of the car owners say if there was a suggested ban? The same as any majority who play by the rules and one or two try and break them. No majority should be punished for the law breaking of the few.Lets be honest more die in the u.k. in cars than from guns but guess which one is banned

Most gun owners do use them legally and safely but in todays media everything is not only reported but sensationalized.

I'm sure there are as many gun owners angry about what this kid did as non gun owners, owning a gun doesn't mean you have an emotion bypass

I do hope they ban anything over a 9 clip capacity and they ban military type weapons to civilians but this will be a slow change and as long as we are understanding of that then I am sure change will happen for the better

Don't agree at all. For the most part a car is for getting from a to b and is not designed to cause damage. A gun's only job is to shoot things. To compare them is stupid.

I don't think all guns should be banned but all, except the rozzers, should be kept locked up at gun clubs. No one 'needs' to shoot a gun but if you like doing it go to the club.

Also, I'm no fan of the media but to class the reporting of 20 children being killed as 'sensationalized' because you like guns is bonkers.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next