Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:48 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 3361
Location: The Admiral Benbow
i hope americans will decide whats right for them.
it seems to me that that most americans own a gun to protect their freedom but when you conside that

from wilki

Quote:
According to a US Department of Justice report published in 2006, over 7.2 million people were at that time in prison, on probation, or on parole (released from prison with restrictions). That means roughly 1 in every 32 Americans are held by the justice system.


and that 88 somthing guns per 100 people in the usa. you have to admit thats a wierd idea of freedom and certainly not mine.

having said that i used to love clay shooting and rifle shooting and if i ever viset america again id love to viset a range and play with some hand guns, not sure if thats possible for visitors?

ive manged so far to keep my daughter from seeing the news about the recent shooting becouse i dont know how to explane to her that someone could walk into a school and kill children at random. in any country not just america. :cry:

for bb7 http://www.markville.ss.yrdsb.edu.on.ca ... Debate.htm
please take note of preformance no4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:31 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 21466
lumos2000 wrote:
I'm all for banning cars too :D


me too. but only fast ones :wink: ban people who look odd too :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:33 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 847
Location: French Alps/Annecy
sylus wrote:
JeRkY wrote:
Pat your argument is increasingly looking more personal than supportive and certainly off the topic of this thread/debate.

I don't think any one is criticising the country as a whole or you as a person, just keeping to the topic of questioning attitudes toward fire arms.


not so jerky, honestly read through the thread, bram and b77 have consistently been anti american as the posting of "f*ck the americans" video shows..whilst at the same time they care for the american people..i can spot this a mile off and I'm a brit



The video ? Didn't click the link.
Anti american ? No I am not just anti american foreign policy as I stated before.

Why is is when someone has a critique of cettain facets of american culture/society they are automatically 'anti american'
Sylus you are adept at nit picking and have totally managed to evade any point of the arguements put forward.

As was said before it seems to be a education/environment issue, the Swiss, French, Finns, and Germans all have high percentages of gun ownership but nowhere near the level of gun related murders why would this be do you think ? Education ? Social moral culture ? What ?




Lumos, No 4....show me any person on here that is not arguing this from a personal standpoint. .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:43 pm 
Anglian AEC / Prison Ship Captain
Anglian AEC / Prison Ship Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:26 am
Posts: 6046
Location: LOWESTOFT the worlds smallest bore fest
I'm think annual test and the moment you go to the docs for depression a full review i mean you can't get it right every time but every little helps.

@B77 i hunt for food and for pest control some pests make good eating and for the cost of a bullet or pellet alot cheaper than the butcher will ever be no cruel streak here as everyone who know's me knows if i was any more layed back i'd be horizontal i dont take joy in it just glad for a free meal that i know didn't get prossesed in some factory after being force fed in a shed.

As to US gun law's i think if they copied the UK rules a small amount and made you have to justify what you owned and did the home checks and shooting land checks like here things could be a lot safer.

As with all subjects of life don't blame the majority for the minority take cycling a lot of road users blanket cyclist as the arseholes because one person on a bike cut them up or nearly took there wing mirror off at a light.

I don't think anyone should be stopped from owning or shooting a gun as long as there safe and always and i mean 100% always follow the rules set by the govenment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 am
Posts: 466
Location: belgium
sylus wrote:
not so jerky, honestly read through the thread, bram and b77 have consistently been anti american as the posting of "f*ck the americans" video shows..whilst at the same time they care for the american people..i can spot this a mile off and I'm a brit


First, the video says f*** the USA, not f*** the americans. There is a difference. I assume you didn't mix this up intentionally.
Second, the video was obviously posted as a joke, how anyone could not see this is beyond me.
Third, even if I was anti-american as you suppose, and which by the way I am not, what would it even have to do with this debate? Does one's opinion not count if he or she is anti-american? I have encountered on this very forum people I could accuse of being anti-belgian because of what happens in Brussels. Yet I have never made such claims, or dismissed people's opinion because of such a suspicion. Why not? Because it is of zero importance.
Fourth, you mention that I don't really care for the 'american people'. What are you trying to say here? That I don't care for little children being shot? Because they're american? Do you think I am some sort of racist? Are you trying to dismiss me as a hateful person who just loves it when american kids get shot, so I can push my anti-american agenda onto others? You may try to do so, but I won't let you.
I care for ALL people around the world. I care for ALL children, of ALL nations in the ENTIRE universe. My heart goes out to all victims of violence, no matter where they're from.

Furthermore I do think I made some contribution to this debate. As have you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:06 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 8423
Location: The desolate flats of Cambridgeshire
FairfaxPat wrote:
"I don't think any one is criticising the country as a whole "---what about the video from Bram? That certainly is just about criticizing the U.S.


Sorry must confess I've not followed the links, simply been following the thread. I'm on my phone and the data outlay for vids isn't worth it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:08 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 am
Posts: 466
Location: belgium
FairfaxPat wrote:
"I don't think any one is criticising the country as a whole "---what about the video from Bram? That certainly is just about criticizing the U.S.


Oh please. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:09 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 am
Posts: 466
Location: belgium
JeRkY wrote:
FairfaxPat wrote:
"I don't think any one is criticising the country as a whole "---what about the video from Bram? That certainly is just about criticizing the U.S.


Sorry must confess I've not followed the links, simply been following the thread. I'm on my phone and the data outlay for vids isn't worth it.


The song is 'f*** the USA' by the exploited.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:47 am
Posts: 466
Location: belgium
On the gun-car comparison, I think there is something to this. The difference for me is that almost everybody who owns a car in the USA needs one, and has to use it frequently. While on the other hand most who own guns actually never need them, and barely ever use them. Yet they are very dangerous tools in the hands of someone who 'snapped' or 'lost it'. By the way, car accidents are accidents. Murder by the hand of a gun is murder. Maybe the numbers should include accidents (there must be incidents of people accidentally shooting someone) and suicides (lots of drunk drivers will also just kill themselves) with guns too, to allow better comparison? Drunk driving by the way can easily be reduced by more intensive controls.
Fact check can go check their facts. :wink:


Last edited by Bram J on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:33 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:12 am
Posts: 680
Location: Anglesey
Bram J wrote:
IMO people are overly sensitive, almost all of the time. They can't handle people with opinions that are not part of the public opinion or the mainstream and will resort to name-calling rapidly. Try to voice your opinion in an environment where you're the only one upholding that particular opinion. You will be handled with ridicule and name-calling, not with logic, no matter what your opinion exactly is. If you persist, it is likely that you have to face violence too. You don't conform, you get beaten down. That's simply humanity for you.


That certainly seems to fit your signature :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adruzzz, al-onestare, My_Teenage_Self, old_coyote_pedaller and 43 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group