Are these legal in the UK?

Frikken lazor beamz!

dr-evil.jpg

Law was updated a few years ago re LED rear lights (originally to stop the use of naked flames!) so as for lazors... ?

I don't think there is a law banning the use of LASER diodes. Only the requirement to use front white, rear rear, a rear red reflector an amber pedal reflectors (bikes after sept '85). Flashing lights are not outlawed either (since 2005).
That is only at night of course.

FluffyChicken":1w0bkmtj said:
I don't think there is a law banning the use of LASER diodes. Only the requirement to use front white, rear rear, a rear red reflector an amber pedal reflectors (bikes after sept '85). Flashing lights are not outlawed either (since 2005).

Amber pedal reflectors is a bit tricky if you use SPDs.

I am not sure whether they are legal or not, but if a copper pulled me for having one I'd just say "Well at least you saw me, so it did it's job".
If he asked me to remove them then I would, in return for him ensuring my safe passage to and from work everyday!

If I can see a cyclist, I can go round him safely and the further away I can see him then the safer it will be for everyone involved!

Go for the light, I think I might have to!

on a side note it mae me laugh seeing all the cycle commuters with 2,3,4,5 rear lights but wearing black or dark clothing. :facepalm:

JamesM":s9s3qsaf said:
FluffyChicken":s9s3qsaf said:

Amber pedal reflectors is a bit tricky if you use SPDs.

It is but the rules requires you to use them (front and rear of the pedals)
Enforcing that law may not of course be done, unless of course you are being an arse to them.
Get some amber strips for you shoes, part of your pedals when they are clipped in.

jamabikes":tglus3bp said:
on a side note it mae me laugh seeing all the cycle commuters with 2,3,4,5 rear lights but wearing black or dark clothing. :facepalm:

This!

The number of cyclists and pedestrians out there who seem oblivious to how invisible they are is bleeding frightening.

Back