what else do you collect ?

videojetman

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i was thinking about what else retrobike members collect apart from bikes.
for me, i have thing for watches. especially unusual ones.
i have pictured some of my favourites.
so what do you collect ?

Attachments

• IMG_5268.JPG
    IMG_5268.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_5267.JPG
    IMG_5267.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 728
Jazz mags.

I don't actually collect anything, not even bikes.

My wife says I collect amps, guitars, motorbikes, bikes, computers, paintings, whisky. Rubbish I say, the motorbikes are all doer uppers I will get round to and sell. The bikes are merely a sufficiency to ensure we are all mobile, paintings never sold but someday may be invaluable. Ten computers is hardly a collection, I don't drink whisky people keep gifting me it, and you need a lot of different guitars and amps in the same way you need a number of acrylics or oils or canvasses.

She has a massive stockpile of ancient costume. Apparently that is all for research when she is tasked to reproduce it.

Yeah, right!

highlands flyer has it sussed!! i need 9 basses, not collect....need!
i need 12 r/c helicopters!
i need 5 cars....for different driving styles!
i only have 2 telescopes when 1 will do, so i must be a telescope collector!! :D

Bows (of the archery type).

I own eight compound, three Hungarian style and a recurve. I also have several hundred arrows to suit the various bows.

To be fair, they all get used... well, most of them do, and I do have a couple too many, one compound I bought as it was cheap and another was one from when I was a staff shooter, but until I get around to selling a couple, they are all in my spare room. :oops:

NeilM":oxu3uj3l said:

I own eight compound, three Hungarian style and a recurve. I also have several hundred arrows to suit the various bows.

To be fair, they all get used... well, most of them do, and I do have a couple too many, one compound I bought as it was cheap and another was one from when I was a staff shooter, but until I get around to selling a couple, they are all in my spare room. :oops:

This is a sport I want to get into. I have always felt pretty happy with my performance when I have had a go, but never got into it regularly.

Thanks for reminding me, probably a great time of year to acquire some gear! :)

highlandsflyer":1jdipmn3 said:
NeilM":1jdipmn3 said:

This is a sport I want to get into. I have always felt pretty happy with my performance when I have had a go, but never got into it regularly.

Thanks for reminding me, probably a great time of year to acquire some gear! :)

I'm a field archer, which is done in woodland and is a lot of fun.

I was intending a big push this year, to try and win at least one National competition, then I got made redundant and then I dislocated my right shoulder :oops:

In work and healed now, so training for 2013 season is about to start.

It is an extremely friendly sport and as there are lots of clubs and lots of competitions it becomes a very social sport.

Have a look on the link and see where your nearest club is http://nfas.net/clubs.asp

It's not the best club finder in the world, but if you trawl through it, you should find somewhere close.

Target archery is a slightly different sport, and one I have never taken part in. The governing body used to be called GNAS, but I think they are now Archery England. This is the type of archery you see at the Olympics. It is a far larger sport than Field Archery and many people take part in both disciplines.

Make 2013 the year you 'take up the bow' ;)

Back