What do you do

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
From Thursday to Saturday i'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no transport but a Clockwork and a really fat bod, well a bit fat :) what should I do. Got the Wolds Way on my doorstep though.

Alison

If you haven't exercised for a while then nothing to harsh

You'd be suprised how much weight and fitness you can cain just from 30 minutes fast pace walking a day

Then when you lose some weight it will put less pressure on your joints when you do want to get more vigerous..or you can watch t.v. :D

I see.

I gained some weight after several injuries lately, but as long as you have been exercising to some extent your core fitness will not have diminished much.

Neil, who is unfortunately not hanging around much these days, is the resident expert on nutrition and exercise.

I like to see a bit of chubb on a woman.

I also appreciate the extra insulation when I head into the snow.

:)

Broady":qledt1v6 said:
Eat clean, ride bikes and use Kettlebells, all you need.

Kettlebells? is that a Yorkshire term? and what does it mean??

Alison

They're like free weights with handles. There's dozens of exercise routines you can do with them.

kettlebell-swing-technique.jpg

You've got a bike and you've got the Wolds Way.....

When I got back into cycling, after a long break, even though I was riding horses and training in Martial Arts, I was advised by a very experienced competition cyclist to take short rides 'like a grandad'. In other words, slow and gentle.

Within a week of riding every other day, I could feel my strength and cardio fitness improving, and I was enjoying myself.

If you are going to explore the Wolds Way, then take some food and drink, and just ride out gently, pushing yourself a little, but not hard (as you still have to get back). Take a break from time to time, just a couple of minutes to take a sip of drink and catch your breath, and press on.

If you can work out a circular route then great, otherwise ride out a couple of miles and then back. If that is too easy, then go a bit further the next time. If you can work a couple of taxing climbs into the route, that will be great for cardio as well as strength.

You can ride every day, but you are probably better riding every other or even every third day if you are finding it hard. The body needs to be jump started into work and recovery mode.

I finish work for Christmas next Friday, regardless of the weather, I am determined to get some miles in (both on my horse and bikes) that I missed in the summer when I hurt my shoulder.

Have fun.

You have a bike and trails on your doorstep, plan a few leisurely rides with pub stops included ;)

Don't forget the padded shorts liner, if I've not been on a bike for a while then the first casualty is always my arse! :LOL:

Back