Crappy excuses for iPhone pictures....

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have lost count of all the threads that say "sorry for crappy iphone pics", when in fact they should be saying "sorry I can't be bothered supplying you with a decent picture". :evil:

I am not starting a big fanfare for Apple stuff, but you can take amazing pictures with an iPhone and its not that difficult. I am sure that other camera phones work quite similarly but I've only had an iPhone so can't comment.

1. Put the thing you want to take a picture of in a nice place. A dark cellar or shed is no good. You'd struggle with a proper camera in those situations anyway. Outside is best, but at least turn all the lights on and don't take a pic from the shadow side.

2. Hold the phone still. Again, this is the same as a normal camera. If you're waving it around or holding it with 2 fingers then it's never going to be steady. I sometimes use a broom handle as a makshift tripod if I'n taking pics inside, but I do that with a normal camera anyway.

3. Tap the screen where you want the main focus to be. If you tap it somewhere where the image is a bit dark it will automatically increase the exposure and lighten the image if it's needed, so try a couple of taps to get the best result.

4. Take picture.

99% of my pics on here have been taken with my iPhone 4. Ok some of them aren't great but thats because of my laziness rather than the device I am using.....

So pleae, make the effort, as a blurred dark photo is nearly worse than no photo at all... :roll:

iPhone pics I have done:

c7e952cf.jpg

8bfc182a.jpg

Taken in a dark cellar :LOL: :

null_zpsf9278a2b.jpg

Taken in a darkish kitchen:

null_zps885973b6.jpg

Outside at dusk:

951dc390.jpg

Ditto Rob... good shout!

All my images are from iphones, as I dont yet have a digital camara (soon hopefully a DSLR as a wedding present from my Aunt)

Lazyness and plain old ignorance to blame here.
All you need good light and steady hands, and a bit of understanding on how to do it

G

A couple of iphone pictures my son took.

My Roberts White Spider

WSphoto1.jpg

Same again with his Felt

WSphoto2.jpg

I should get an iphone, the pics are totally rubbish on my HTC, but then it could just be me :oops:

Alison

I use an ancient Sony Ericsson K850i, the only reason I keep the phone is for the camera.

Attachments

• DSC03325.JPG
    DSC03325.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 513
  • DSC03338.JPG
    DSC03338.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 513
Isaac_AG":2xwj10pu said:
I should get an iphone, the pics are totally rubbish on my HTC, but then it could just be me :oops:

Alison

Most modern phones take good pics. Have a look round the net to see if there are any guides on how to get the best from yours.

A good tip for smaller parts is to simply put it on a bit of white paper..

Taken indoors, low light, just the flash on a phone.
LX2.jpg

iPhone3GS and it's predecessors: shit camera.
iPhone4 onwards: good camera.

I use a 4 with some good results. The only time I break out the proper camera is when I want to do some photoshop work.

Back