Electricity meter stuck

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I am on a 2 rate (economy 7) meter. The night reading has been the same for a month+

What should I do?!

I have recently changed supplier but i'm still on an economy7 tariff. My meter is not one of these new fancy ones that can get readings remotely.

The temptation is to say nothing but am I being charged day rate for my night electricity?

We had a stuck gas meter in my old shared house. We kept quiet for over a year before coming clean and they didnt seem interested in claiming back charges. That said, I am quite sure we got off very lightly from that one. Gas heating and hobs and paid nowt for ages.

I would suggest coming clean and saving yourself any nasty surprises. We should have done.

why would you even (ahem) "notice" it was stuck? i dont know what a meter is reading and i care even less :D

The risk is that they will estimate your bill instead and assume you have a cannabis farm in the roof.

Come clean, that way they will be on your side.

Yep I guess i'll come clean when I get chance.
Its only the night electricity anyway, if it was the gas...

& I have a lingering suspicion that i'm paying day rate (30p per unit) for my night electric(which should be 6p).

At some point they will find out if however you think it's in your favour then might be some chrimbo..ahem new project vouchers coming through

I am between suppliers at the mo so I will wait 'til I am clear of the old one then tell the new one about the meter. Probably

Back