er.. aren't LandRovers supposed to be able to do this?

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just cannot see the issue if the car is designed to be able to do this. Its not like he's trying the same thing in a Focus...

And from memory this road has the equivalent of 'Snow Poles' to mark the bloody road out because it floods so often! Blaaaaggghhh!!!

_64493476_64493475.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-20555116

legrandefromage":29qa9cph said:
And from memory this road has the equivalent of 'Snow Poles' to mark the bloody road out because it floods so often! Blaaaaggghhh!!!

It's flooded deliberately at least once a year, as part of the fens management. And yes, assuming he has a 'snorkel' intake, that's exactly what LRs do. There's also a couple of clips on YT showing a police van getting stranded in floodwaters, I wonder if the police were so vocal about that? :roll:

If he's local and knows the roads...fair enough........but care has to be taken in fast flowing deeper water.....

Locally this road is well known for flooding and the driver clearly knows about bough breaking. It's not unusual in the fens to have off road nutters who know their vehicles and their limits

as to the norfolk police saying it was extremely dangerous and irresponsible ..then they are as informed as they are capable of catching real criminals instead of being the thought police

A wise man once said "if you want to off road, get a Landrover...."

But said wise man also completed that sentence thus: "..... And if you want to get home again, get a Toyota..."

:LOL:

I have heard that saying.

In 2008 I was working for some Saudi Prince's (Boy they like their drink and drugs when away from the homeland) and as you said Steve, they always used to say a land rover will get you into the desert but a land cruiser will get you out of it.

I did put my old Discovery through a lot, including getting water over the roof at a flooded ford (Hilton, Cambs) and all four wheels off the ground at Heacham, Norfolk along the beach road between Heacham and Hunstanton.

In 30,000 miles nowt went wrong. I just couldnt live with the 9mpg from the twin carb V8....

In a former life I assisted in rescuing a knowledgeable and suitably equipped Land Rover driver from a heavily swollen ford, the driver had chosen to ignore the signed diversion just to save a 5 mile detour. Innocent men and women put their own lives at risk to help despite such selfish actions. When broken down, the cost of the various emergency services personnel and the following hospital care ran into the tens of thousands of pounds. In that context I really don't think the Police response to this particular video is over the top in the slightest.

Back