Cinema sound set up?SORTED NOW.

Bpool77

Senior Retro Guru
Got a smart Tv and 5.1 surround system set up yesterday, wired it all up it plays cds but I cant get it to work with the TV? or the ipod? Im not the best at these things set it up to the t of the instuction disk but now im stumpd? any ideas?

to make it worse Ive been on a web site called myp2p and got the hatton fight comin on for free?
frustrating!!!!!!!

Lg blue ray 3D cinema system.
Connected to tv with HDMI cable and also a composite video cable just using the yellow part.
Ipod connected by usb.

Do I need a digital optical lead?

Thanks Daz

How is the signal output from your cable box? If it's HDMI it should be plug 'n play into the receiver's HDMI input then HDMI out to the TV. If it's composite digital audio (orange) or analog RCA (red+white) you need to feed the audio signal from your TV source (cable box) into the appropriate receiver audio input(s). As far as the iPod into USB, you'll have to figure out which input selector on the front panel to turn it to so the port is accessed. Usually labeled AUX or will come up as AUX on the LCD screen when you go through the input menu on most receivers.

Went to a shop today and he recond its the HDMI lead im using?
only one I had to hand was a sky one? saying its not good enuf to send
the signal or something?

I just got the feeling he was trying to get me to buy one from him?
God knows???

I very much doubt it's your HDMI lead and don't ever buy one from a HIFI store, I have lots at work if you want any I will send you some for nowt ;) ( I am an AV engineer)

I think you need to check that your TV is giving an output on its aux out, I have a similar setup on my home setup and run only HDMI sources , I then output my audio via fibre optic (toslink) to my 5.1 system, anything on my tv will then be sent to the sound system. The same will work on the orange SPDIF connection in your case, make sure you are not connecting analogue to digital somewhere by mistake as this will never work ;)

iPod will connect into amp via the headphone plug on your iPod or output of dock jobby. It will then go into a line level / aux in on the amp red and white phono connectors

Is the yellow composite cable connected to a yellow socket for video or an orange coloured socked usually labeled coaxial SPDIF which is a digital audio signal carrying your 5.1 channels

ARC - Audio Return Channel

Newer HDMI leads can send audio in both directions. If your TV has a digital optical output you may be able to send an audio signal to your amp via this. Do you have the instructions for the tv and amp?

Gravy Monster":6zu5ju97 said:
I very much doubt it's your HDMI lead and don't ever buy one from a HIFI store, I have lots at work if you want any I will send you some for nowt ;) ( I am an AV engineer)

I think you need to check that your TV is giving an output on its aux out, I have a similar setup on my home setup and run only HDMI sources , I then output my audio via fibre optic (toslink) to my 5.1 system, anything on my tv will then be sent to the sound system. The same will work on the orange SPDIF connection in your case, make sure you are not connecting analogue to digital somewhere by mistake as this will never work ;)

iPod will connect into amp via the headphone plug on your iPod or output of dock jobby. It will then go into a line level / aux in on the amp red and white phono connectors

Is the yellow composite cable connected to a yellow socket for video or an orange coloured socked usually labeled coaxial SPDIF which is a digital audio signal carrying your 5.1 channels

Thanks for the info fellas and the offer gravey monster i'll pm you if need 1 much apreciated.
Cant touch the tv at mo X crapters on an the missis gaurds the remote like a demented ewok!

Re: .

Bpool77":29c4w63g said:
Lg blue ray 3D cinema system.
Connected to tv with HDMI cable and also a composite video cable just using the yellow part.
Ipod connected by usb.

Do I need a digital optical lead?

Thanks Daz

hdmi does everything, remove the composite lead

Back