Who needs FS?

I like the look of their Sakura frame............lots of 'decent' riders can out ride full sus riders if no big drops involved.

Not really out riding the riders, just on the better kit for the terrain.

Fully locked out full susser v hartail same rider you would find it hard to separate them. I can see plenty of sections there where full suss could be an advantage.

Fully locked out full susser is then not a full susser, so the comparison would be lost.

Nothing i could see in that vid warrants rear sus in my mind......in fact i would say a hardtail would be an advantage compared to an 'active' rear end..........but saying that, it depends on the design and shock.

Some full sus xc bikes can give you more 'dig in' traction on climbs as well as down the trail.

But an experienced ht rider knows how to alter his weight to do that anyway.

No nothing too extreme there,( but it depends how fast you want to do it all) looks similar to stuff i and others used to ride 5 mins outside my back door in Mid-Wales.

I would say the orange bike rider needs to increase his rebound damping a touch looking at how his forks are reacting ;) ...........no wonder he's behind....

greenstiles":2tj7esji said:
Fully locked out full susser is then not a full susser, so the comparison would be lost.

The comparison is lost?

I am saying the same rider would perform fairly closely on two bikes, given one was rear suspension locked out, the other a hardtail. (Assuming the bikes were closely matched other than that major difference.)

The hardtail would not be radically quicker.

Fully locked out IS still a full susser. Other differences are still there even when locked out, such as the passive influence of the rear suspension design.

Blow off thresholds, handlebar controls, blah, blah, blah. You can have your cake and eat it nowadays.

That video is not exactly savage, but I am certain a dialled full susser would allow more speed. Not that I care for speed.

Back