Mountain Biking in Surrey.

I started MTBing on the final year of my degree at Egham in Surrey after my racer got stolen. And then took it back to the hills of Yorkshire when I was done.

Only rich folk you saw round Virginia Water in them days were behind the wheel of their 911s and Range Rovers....

Thanks for posting this up, it's so true!

A few weeks ago I was at the top of Summer Lightening with two mates and I was on my retro Ellsworth Joker with green drop offs and M952 XTR. I go in a bush for a sprinkle and when I come out I see that 3 older gents have arrived, one of them on an Ellsworth Moment so I say "ahh it's good to see another Ellsworth, it's a nice one" to which this old cock half looks at me and goes "yep" in a cold manner.

His portly mate was on a carbon Nomad and the third of the trio was on some kind of Lapierre. They all ignored us despite me trying to spark up an convo.

I have also been blanked a few times when 'SERIOUS' mountain bikers come down the trail, way too occupied to to say hello or oven raise a smile.

It's time to openly take the piss a bit I think!

So funny and so true these days........i remember some toffs that used to come to Wales to the shop i was running........we had all the hope brakes spares, pads for all brakes etc we would take on any job to get you riding that day and some toffy nosed git had a blue fit that we didn't have the exact carbon flat blade spoke in stock for him.........we had every size of spoke in sapim db to help him get back on the trail but they weren't good enough...........what a tosser !

on the other hand we used to get lads from London who were a bit skint and saved hard for a trip to wales but so nice we used to fettle their bikes for free :D

Back