Solar shed lights.Any good or kak

player

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone use solar lights for actual proper lighting of a shed/garage.

I want to putting some lighting in the shed and want to know do i spend £20/£30 each on 3 or 4 lights for inside and outside of the shed or just get a sparky in to do it.

Cheers

everything I've seen and used of solar lights have been utter cacj, but of course depends what you're going to use!

Never tried the stand alone lights. The best bet would be to install a proper 12v solar system with deep cycle batteries.....not that cheap. I had a solar/wind system coupled to some ex navy sub radio batteries, they weighed about 200 kilos each and lived in their own trailer, worked a treat.

I'm presuming there is no electric going to the shed so... have you thought about a car battery powering some lights? then you can charge the battery once and a while to keep the lights going?

B77":1hsk3fkh said:
Never tried the stand alone lights. The best bet would be to install a proper 12v solar system with deep cycle batteries.....not that cheap. I had a solar/wind system coupled to some ex navy sub radio batteries, they weighed about 200 kilos each and lived in their own trailer, worked a treat.

As long as the solar panel isn't located in sunny britain that would be excellent. :D

Ps) irony.

Living on a boat, I have spent many, many years looking for a reliable solar system. The sad truth is, though, that it is pretty much always cheaper to run mains in, or use a car battery that you take back into the house to charge.

A solar system that will charge a 12v battery to give you lighting for extended periods in a mancave in winter will costs hundreds, if not thousands.

Sorry to be negative.

I agree...pretty much cack all of them.

I have one in the bike shed...just good enough to pick the right bike out of the pile, but that's about it. Thankfully, I've got a small heated workshop with mains for actually doing stuff in ;)

All the best,

Back