EPO availability.....

grumpycommuter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hereford road ride tomorrow and could do with perking up :) Anyone got any? Failing this i noticed that Wine Gums are on offer at the Coop!

I am already hooked up to me blood bags!! :cool:

Roll on the morning!!

Apparently if you give blood it takes around 4 weeks before your red cell count is back to where it should be. However the body overshoots a bit so in the 5th week your red count is higher than normal. I read that somewhere, it could be nonsense but I tried it before a half marathon once and I ran a PB ;) , could have been placebo though :LOL:

JamesM":3mbgwezt said:
Apparently if you give blood it takes around 4 weeks before your red cell count is back to where it should be. However the body overshoots a bit so in the 5th week your red count is higher than normal. I read that somewhere, it could be nonsense but I tried it before a half marathon once and I ran a PB ;) , could have been placebo though :LOL:

Hmmm..it would appear i have left things a little late in the day. Confectionary it is then :LOL:

I did find out that cycling a fast 5 miles to the blood donor centre doesn't boost your blood donating ability, I almost fainted at the half pint mark :oops: I did get surrounded by nurses for an hour or so so I guess there was some benefit. ;)

Re: .

Grannygrinder":39nm8mzj said:
Skittles are the answer, especially the blue ones ;)

I always suffer from stiffness after having the blue ones :shock:

Back