Guess the wages......

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I noticed a job in the local paper, 35 hours a weeks/shifts looking after Autistic people in a residential home.

Any guesses to the wages per year ?

Care work is a weird one, my ex worked for a deaf-blind carehome doing 37 hrs a week and was on about £27k but I remember her looking for similar jobs and seeing some on half that wage.

I guess we arent looking at premiership footballer wages here then?!

c£18k :? More, less, I presume less as you are mentioning it!

It'll be within a spectrum of 1k to 30k fat face. :evil:

Apologies - couldn't resist :oops:

£11,300.........ie minimum wage........my dilema is this, i volunteer for 3 charities. My wife works full time and we get working tax credits.

Part of my volunteer work has involved mental health and I may be helping out with a social support group for Autism.

I'm volunteering partly to gain training and experience to get paid work with a charity.

Am I to blame for such low wages...ie some people blame volunteers for taking away paid jobs...........or should I be upset that that kind of wage above is not tempting........i'm 45 and i don't see why I have to consider such a low wage for a job some people would find challanging.

There are two problems here...

1) almost all companies involved in care are privately owned, so pay little, because bosses, and shareholders want the money.

2) The public dont want to admit the real cost of the national social care bill, which, if professionals, and properly qualified, and interestd, people were used would double.

I know these things because i was a carer, and i now work for the NHS and see the results daily.

Dave

Yes the company is private...with one of those tacky names, that make them sound more like an industrial cleaning company than carers.

Back