OK I'm officially an old fart....

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
It started with Johnny Cash....

Every man hits an age when the Man in Black suddenly makes sense,,,,, That's inevitable and just a fact of life....

But now I'm finding myself listening to Plant/Krauss, Emmylou Harris and Loretta Lynn.....

It's a slippery slope but I'm thoroughly enjoying sliding down it.

But it's that f..ker Jack White's fault.

You have this completely wrong.

Country is the music of choice for the young and hip nowadays.

If anything you have rediscovered your youth!

:)

start to worry when you start wearing waistcoats studded with rhinestones and silly cowboy hats.

dbmtb":33ncfj4e said:
It started with Johnny Cash....

Every man hits an age when the Man in Black suddenly makes sense,,,,, That's inevitable and just a fact of life....

But now I'm finding myself listening to Plant/Krauss, Emmylou Harris and Loretta Lynn.....

It's a slippery slope but I'm thoroughly enjoying sliding down it.

But it's that f..ker Jack White's fault.

A man with great taste. :cool:

I found Trad' Country, Folk and Blue Grass about ten years ago..... never looked back! If you don't have Devils and Dust by Springsteen, you should.

I've also been listening to the Grass mountain Hobos and a Country/Folk band called Southern tennant folk union from Edinburgh. I went to see them a couple of weeks ago, great gig.

al.

Make Banjos..... not war!

Although if you start listening to Merl Haggard and Conway Twitty there's probably no hope.

You need to start checking your funeral plan's up to date if you start listening to Desmond Carrington on a Friday night.

Country music is the zeitgeist I reckon

Back