Scottish power 23% increase

Easy_Rider

Retrobike Rider
OWMTBC Champ
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Is this a typo? 23% increase in the standard day unit cost and 10% on the night unit cost?? Surely not :?

ED509542-5B12-40DE-B11B-4E9EF37633D2-260-000000122D5E3508.jpg

Maybe time for a change?

I put us in for the Which? big switch thing, wich generated possible savings... so I then went off and contacted the suggested company myself and got even more savings

£107 total, for gas (£77) and leccy (£30) is now combined to £61 per month with the Co-op... thats a 42% drop :cool:

G

I fixed my tarrifs with them last year, no rise until Jan 2014 :cool: :LOL: :LOL:
When Jan 2014 rolls round i shall find somebody else to supply my power ;)

They're all increasing, you have time to switch if you want.
Do a comparison.
They always end up cheaper for me, them and OVO. nPower are currently cheaper.

Pay Direct Debit online and you may find no standing charge is cheaper, might not be. I assume you're Eco7 or some other similar setup.
BUT it depends where you live, prices are different around the country. Don't know why but they are.

Get some cashback or wine when you switch using places like TopCashback, uSwitch moneysavingblokeontellywebsiteIhaveforgottenTheNameOf.

It's not the price increase per se, they are all increasing prices and the news outlets report 5-10% and yet mine is 23% :shock:
I cannot get the best deals because we have no gas in our village so I cannot combine suppliers.

I too only use them for electricity.
How long have you been with them? It might be worth a call to see if they can put you on a different/better plan.
I phoned about 2 days after the cut off for my current plan and they were really helpful.

Easy_Rider":80bqzkc2 said:
It's not the price increase per se, they are all increasing prices and the news outlets report 5-10% and yet mine is 23% :shock:
I cannot get the best deals because we have no gas in our village so I cannot combine suppliers.

but they are similar for single supply, not just dual supply.
e.g with Scottish http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/products ... nergy.aspx

and to be fair, the Standing Charge is reduced and the meter rates increased.
So from that it's hard to tell what your actual increase will be.

Back