Now then, now then.

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Tools.
Need tools for work and want to see whats decent. I have decent stuff at home (bahco, britool, roebuck etc.) but really dont want to take them to work.
My work deal with cromwell who do kennedy tools? but my supervisor is no big fan of it apart from the cost. Cost isnt a major issue, one of the other guys seems to just be going for the cheapest possible stuff even though he has no obligations money wise? Fool him. Mitutoyo vernier and possibly micrometer is a must and will probably get them. Other wise i need a rule (think i saw a flexy rabone rule? miy rabone ones arent flexy). Metric and imperial allen keys (i do like the coloured draper ones which seem to rate ok on here, bondhus is another choice). Cant remember what else i need.

So just wondering what is good? May be able to get halfords tools cheap which i dont mind at all for spanners and such but for the others, any recommendations?

Kayaba spanners and sockets offer good value for money.
Does Halfords Pro stuff have a lifetime warrenty? sure i heard that somewhere, might be wrong :oops:

Re: .

Grannygrinder":1smk5bfd said:
Kayaba spanners and sockets offer good value for money.
Does Halfords Pro stuff have a lifetime warrenty? sure i heard that somewhere, might be wrong :oops:

Yep thats it. Will look at some kayaba stuff.

I used to be a truck fitter and got most of my tools/tool boxes from machine mart..they regulary have vat off days you just gotta ask them to let you know

halfords pro stuff yes was lifetime and all my spanners were theirs

If it's life time stuff some prefer snap on because of the reputation but many other companies are better value for money with the same quality

Ah yes forgot to mention i wont be buying snap on. Sure it lasts but as mentioned they arent top dog anymore but still have high prices. Have been told of machine mart so will check them out too.
Kayaba seems to be just showa fork stuff?

Re: .

Grannygrinder":211gri12 said:

No your right and Ive returned a couple of items which they replaced on the spot no problem. I had kept all receipts anyway for the house insurance company but they've never asked to see them. Halfords keep the broken tool obviously.

cyfa2809":1lf3djr4 said:
Ah yes forgot to mention i wont be buying snap on. Sure it lasts but as mentioned they arent top dog anymore but still have high prices. Have been told of machine mart so will check them out too.
Kayaba seems to be just showa fork stuff?

I think you mean Kamasa ;)

Probably, i have a small kamasa ratchet set which is ace when i do use it (very rarely). Got a couple bahco spanners too which are absolutely lovely but just seen prices of them! One at a time i guess.

another vote for halfords pro tools. any problems iv had with them has been sorted no questions asked. blue point are quite good if found cheap enough. :)

I have a 2 sets of Bondhus allen keys at work (metric & imperial) and they are superb. I can't say I've had anything top end to compare to but they've outlasted any Draper, Britool or Unbrako ones I've used.

Latest posts

Back