My dad doesn't always land in the sea, but when he does.....

nice one, I have a few mates on the rigs, tis worrying it is the 4th puma incident in as many years.

It's the 4th super puma in three years iirc, ncluding one with all lives lost. Three companies have now grounded them until further notice. It's been oil pressure problems with all of them so something is seriously amiss.

However he is due to retire on Friday and he was worried about getting stuck in Norway on his last day and missing his leaving do, so hi ho silver linings and all that :D

It's great he and everyone got out ok...I bet he's thinking..this is an omen that my retirement came just at the right time

He's retiring 6months early because he didn't want to do the last winter as that's the dangerous time to fly :roll: :LOL:

gavinda":3bjffalc said:
He's retiring 6months early because he didn't want to do the last winter as that's the dangerous time to fly :roll: :LOL:

I know its his 'job' but seriously, what a thing to go through in your last few days at work. I'm glad that he got down safely and also that they are all safe.

Good on him, I hope he has a long and rewarding retirement.

:)

I spoke to him last night and he was super cool about it 'training just kicked in' :LOL: . They were pretty lucky with the weather and when they dropped out of the clouds they appeared right above a tanker, so they knew they'd be fine even if the life rafts sank. My dad's a training captain, so he 'ditches' at least once a week in the simulator any way so they couldn't have had a better person at the controls.

Dad got home last night after an allday debrief and celebrated with beer and fish and chips. Keeping it real :cool:

What a guy.

You must be well chuffed, not just him being ok, but him being capable of doing something like that.

Again, what a guy!

Totally!!! I've been bragging about it to all of my colleagues and customers. It could have been so awful considering what happened last year but given the end result, it's just fecking awesome.

He told me that after the police took all their details they were taken to a sports shop to get a change if clothes at the oil company's expense as they were still in their survival suits. He said that he got some nice quality hiking clothes and shoes but he riggies milked the **** out of it and got all of the most expensive stuff they could get :LOL:

Back