Gobbing whilst on club-runs ?

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
We all have to gob/spit at some point whilst out on the bike but when on the club-runs
I think you have to be that more careful in were you spit and how you do it.

Who thinks you should put some consideration into spitting so your mate doesn't get a face full of 'your' flem :oops:

Or do you think 'f*ck em'

Your thoughts please ?

if someone in front of me gobbed and it hit me they would be run into the nearest tree.
dirty fcukers

if i have to spit while on my bike i always check behind me first.
and when i do i always aim down to the ground.
i'd hate to be hit with someone's spit.

No, the only time i spit while on my bike would be if i was ill and chesty/phlegmy.
So about once a year - pull over and spit in a bush. Only because its a necessity.

My nose often runs when I ride in colder weather and I sometimes resort to the air handkerchief, Moroccan, snot-shot, whatever you want to call it. :oops:

But I'm always mindfull of who's around.

Same here Xerxes I rarely spit other than to get rid of a bug or dirt.
BTW I'd love to learn how to blown my nose finger free "tis a black art" :shock:

This one is always a problem on the club run, especially this time of year. You do need to be considerate for sure, one lad in the club I ride with is a notorious gobber to the point you don't want to ride behind him unless you want to be spat on.

always give a cursory glance, if you cant, make sure you make enough noise to indicate to others within 'shower distance' of what is to come.

i spit when i need to (phlegm, build up of a unwanted fluids in my mouth).
i aim down.
i sometimes play a game of 'aim it at a passing drain cover' extra points for getting it between the grill for a clean entry :cool:

never aim up/forward - on the odd occasion, the 'string effect' can make for an embarrassing (and sometimes unnoticeable) web of spit across ones cheek.

I never come across the need to spit while riding, besides it would be unladylike :D

Alison

Back