Canada

Do it!

Beautiful place, overall, and wonderful people.

You only live one life at a time, so why not?

As far as inspiring, just take a look through any travel blog or watch any documentary.

Guns.

Did I mention you can have proper guns and go out and use them?

MTB trails, world class.

Road cycling, world class.

Infinite wild camping.

Serial killing.

Just do it!

Cheers :cool:

Looking at visa applications over the weekend. :cool:

Found plenty of jobs in my line of work, so thinking really long and hard at taking the plunge.

Gotta be realistic and think of the education of the kids tho (14 and 6 yrs old) and the possibility of the missus working as well.

One of the few places I've been and thought "I could live here"

Obviously loved lots of places I've visited but very few that I would want to spend my life in.

One of my cousins just moved out last year, same age spread as your kids, with another in the middle. He is a social worker, his partner some kind of economist.

They had a decent life in Plymouth, but have absolutely no regrets. One of my aunts was there for thirty years before retiring back to Devon, and I have twenty odd close cousins spread from coast to coast. My last adventure there was coast to coast family hopping and camping/coaching it.

Just the odd weekend now, usually flying up from my bro's in Philadelphia.

If I move back to the States I will make a point of proper long trips to the regions my ancestors started in, where they trapped and worked the lumber.

I have my lady's bra at the ready.

They have a cracking sense of humour, on the whole.

:)

Sipping my morning coffee before going out to ride endless singletrack on my KTM at my buddy's cottage. Think to myself "this is a Kodak moment", and go grab the DSLR.....

C2-3.jpg

Oh, yeah. We get winter here. That snow you guys had a few years ago that paralyzed England? We call that "Tuesday". :D

driveway.jpg

Snow I can handle, cold I can handle. :D

Gotta think of the family, gotta look at the education system, blah blah blah. If I was single I'd already be there I think. :oops: :cool:

FMJ - the pics are a big help... :cool:

LGF - If you can fit in a suitcase like the little guy off the bond film 'man with the golden gun' then, yeah.. :LOL:

South dakota aint far and you'd be suprised how many from here go hunting and fishing over the borders to canada.

Many of them life long americans would move to canada within a beat

just gotta learn to say aboot

I guess one thing I missed out, is that you would be handy for a trip with FMJ, and could educate him on English ales. For some reason the Yanks and Canucks think they can brew these days!

Given that, they know their place when it comes to the uisge beatha.

Back