al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
No not Baldrick's poem.....

I was at work this morning and a drinking glass exploded in my hand.

Anyone else experienced such a thing?

al.

Did you get angry and turn green? then wake up in a ripped pair of trousers with not a sign of any prior growth in the gentleman's vegetable region ?

Shaun

we had a spate of 'exploding' carling glasses in the pub a few years back.

they were these all singing all dancing head keeper jobs with the special bottoms & if they weren't completely cold when the beer went in them they were a ticking time bomb.

a lot broke cleanly around the base so when someone went to pick up their glass they lifted all of it but the base & the pint ended up everywhere. the most impressive was one that made it to the table, was drank from & when put back on the table blew up like a car windscreen into tiny pieces & covered about a 2m square area.

out of the box of 48 i think we lost 8 in 2 days so took them off the shelves!

Midlife":1u2frdxt said:
You remember the Memorex skeleton then........
Nope, Just you-tubed it though. I guess Ol' Blue Eyes needed some cash back then and let Memorex license his song.

Here's another one I just thought about. Maxell cassette tapes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uv1PxInJnY

I'm sure Richard Wagner would approve of this version; that song still holds up after 150 years! :cool:

It didn't occur to me until just now over 2 decades later that the guy catching the glass was a poke at the Memorex ads with the glass breaking......

.........yeah, I'm kind of slow..... :oops:

rosstheboss":1r822pms said:
If it was the middle ages you would probably be burnt at the stake. Lucky really.

Gets matches ready for Al's arrival.Hey Al can you just stand on those old newspapers that i spilt petrol on.

I thought we already burned al at the stake? Someone get on that. It's a bit of a drive for me.

Back