Tiger bread

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just bought 2 rolls of it from Tesco's to see what it's like - never had Tiger bread before.

Consumed them like a mad gerbil without any spread or filling as they were so gorgeous!

What on earth do they put in them to make them so amazin - crack cocaine? Lovely!

I'm not sure on the savoury coating they put on Tiger bread but must agree, when completely fresh, it is scrummy, especially with lashings of butter :D

Alison

I think they coat tiger/leopard baps/bread with some kind of animal fat.

Not Tigers or owt....... more like pig arse blubber.

al.

It's changed, a few years ago when I developed a liking for this bread it was very tasty, but then to me a treat is a cob of freshly baked bread heavily smeared in salted butter and sod the health nuts says butter is so bad and salt and everything else for butter smeared bread I just love.

But it has changed, now I understand world wheat prices have soared and will continue to do so and so the price of tiger bread an 800g loaf at over a quid now, methinks profiteering is the game to play since this bread has become popular.

But not only has the price increased but the taste has degraded and with that Tesco's make the worst loaf, I wonder what they are cutting back on to maximise profits and why is a sliced tiger bread loaf cheaper than an unsliced loaf as sense would say mechanical slicing is an extra process and therefore more costly but the reverse is the case.

But Sesame oil is the taste.

And with that I think it's time I made some bread again.

Back