Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:33 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Lance Armstrong
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:10 am 
Old School Grand Master

A cycling journalist is going to be on BBC Breakfast in a minute discussing the situation.

The guy must feel awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:57 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I'm still confused as the whole thing seems half-@rsed. Has he been stripped of his T.D.F. titles? Is he UCI guilty as well as USDA guilty?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

If a lesser organisation has the power to ruin a persons rep where will it end.

Surely UCI outranks USDA in cycling and in a recent football incident a UK court of law outranks the FA but apparently not.

In scotland in our courts we have a controversial 3rd verdict of 'not proven'. This basically in many folks eyes undermines the Innocent verdict.

If a lesser organisation can say guilty when a higher one says innocent then effectively the various organisations have our 'not proven' verdict.

Result the accussed is dead in the water, bad state of affairs. The USDA should have presented its evidence to the higher authority and if they acted and banned Lance then fine. Destroying someone even when the sports governing body says no case to answer is bad.

I'm not in favour of cheating but I do believe in the correct judicial process otherwise dictatorship and corruption are inevitable. Just look at Pussy Riot in Russia which is a corrupt dictatorship disguised thinly as a democracy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 am 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

from the BBC news website:

Quote:
Sci/Environment
Report damns 'cheating' Armstrong
Turtle passes waste through mouth

Post subject: cutns
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:31 am 
Retro Guru

-this guys been making a potload of groats recently,one has noticed...

Attachments:
Hahahahahahahahahahahhh!!!!!.jpg
Hahahahahahahahahahahhh!!!!!.jpg [ 46.17 KiB | Viewed 778 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:41 am 
Old School Grand Master

Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
legrandefromage wrote:
from the BBC news website:

Quote:
Sci/Environment
Turtle passes waste through mouth

....looks like the bookies have an odds-on favourite to win The X Factor, then. ;)

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:59 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

velomaniac wrote:
If a lesser organisation has the power to ruin a persons rep where will it end.

Surely UCI outranks USDA in cycling and in a recent football incident a UK court of law outranks the FA but apparently not.

In scotland in our courts we have a controversial 3rd verdict of 'not proven'. This basically in many folks eyes undermines the Innocent verdict.

If a lesser organisation can say guilty when a higher one says innocent then effectively the various organisations have our 'not proven' verdict.

Result the accussed is dead in the water, bad state of affairs. The USDA should have presented its evidence to the higher authority and if they acted and banned Lance then fine. Destroying someone even when the sports governing body says no case to answer is bad.

I'm not in favour of cheating but I do believe in the correct judicial process otherwise dictatorship and corruption are inevitable. Just look at Pussy Riot in Russia which is a corrupt dictatorship disguised thinly as a democracy.

UCI have 21 days to review the evidence, and appeal if they think so fit. USADA is not a lesser organisation, but the one responsible for dope testing and enforcing in the US. It is WADA recognised for this purpose. The UCI haven't had jurisdiction up to this point, which was proved when they tried to get involved, and were told to get back in their box. In addition, since there are accusations against them too, I am skeptical they can make a call without a conflict of interest. At the end of the day, I see little in how they can do anything but rubber stamp the verdict, which by all accounts is conclusive. LA was offered the opportunity to challenge this, and has had the report one imagines, but chose not to challenge it.

Anyone still clinging to the believe that LA was clean, in the dirtiest, darkest days of cycling is sadly deluded. 20 of the top 21 riders in one of the tours was doping, are you really telling me the one who won by some distance was clean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm 
Old School Grand Master

The UCI are now stood around whistling and shoe gazing hoping that the fact they must have known about drug taking drug dealing fraudulant lying bullying two faced arrogant cheating Armstrong and his hired medical goons for many years.

al.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:30 pm 
Old School Hero

Pyro Tim wrote:
velomaniac wrote:
If a lesser organisation has the

Anyone still clinging to the believe that LA was clean, in the dirtiest, darkest days of cycling is sadly deluded. 20 of the top 21 riders in one of the tours was doping, are you really telling me the one who won by some distance was clean?

Well going by that if everyone was on drugs and he was the winner doesn't that technically mean he was still the best racer there???

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:35 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Possibly, but still a cheat. Drugs work differently for different physiology, plus who's to say he just didn't take more.

Personally I think leave his name there, with an asterix stating dirty race for each of them, as you can't award the win to anyone else

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next