12 miles in two and a half hours walking.....any good ?

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Went for a walk today, in the country on lanes mainly.......is this an ok pace....i'm 45 years old and walked briskly but not fast.

last job was a binman.......they do a lot of walking and running round here at times :D ..........last time i was in the lake district i did scarfell reasonably quick........i'm just afraid of slowing down after a break from regular exercise

That's a good pace for a walk. Some people run half marathons (13.1 miles) in more time than that.

I've always walked or cycled everywhere, as i don't drive......one of my mates back in Wales walks a lot faster than me ! when we used to roam about the mountains/hills it was like he had 7 league boots on !.......he's only a little chap too !.......quite often i'd have to catch a bus at the end of a mountain walk, so people would quite often see me running down a mountain and ask, ooh your a runner ? no i'd say ' I need to catch a bus'..( often the last one of the day to get me home if getting late )..they usually looked a bit puzzled.

I'd quite often go fo 7 hour walks.....always had enough energy, it's just my feet start to hurt after a while and i'd end up getting 'flipper foot'
Love walking :D

Love walking too but would be well pleased it I could maintain 4.8mph :shock:

Sometimes I'd be well pleased if I could maintain 4.8mph cycling :oops:

Back