Cycling Boots/Shoes

yagamuffin

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
What shoes or boots do people wear on their bikes (that are commonly available - don't tease me with tales of Ponys and Poobahs!)?

I really want something retro-ish but everything seems so boring now...

Mavic Razor shoes the last few months. I think they have been renamed as Rush now. Though I have already had to move onto double socks to keep my feet warm. Very comfy though and have ratchet fastenings so tighter than velcro ones.

Lidl's best... barlely over a tenner, had them about four years, look passably "normal" but have a nice stiff-ish sole - very, very good value for money!

Nike Poohbahs... :)

Carnac Evolutions - which despite being well retro and scruffy refuse to die - which is good as i cant find anything to replace them!

And now winter is here Shimanos gortex boot thing.

Sidi Dominator, they have a ratchet on one strap, a nice feature to keep them just right tight-also the most comfortable bike shoes I ever rode-not cheap, but mine are still going strong 4 hard years on...

New Balance TBEN fell running shoes. They work really well with open cage pedals- I don't do SPD's. Walsh's would be even more retro but they always look a bit cheap to me as they are all cloth, so I went out and bought the NB's that are like a big suede sponge. Walsh's next time.

Back