out of the frying pan...

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Is it too much to ask to be paid on time? Why is it I move from one rickety company to another.

I now need yet another job. So much for being a so called telecomms engineer.

Sucks don't it, you wanna try being self employed!

I'm a 'one man band' but still get treated like everyone other company when it comes to getting paid, 60 or 90 day terms with some customers and even when I ask nicely if they can make an exception because it me, myself and I bringing in the money its always, no sorry....bloody jobs worth accountants!
And then theres private customers, one of whom has just bounced a £100 cheque on me, like as if he can't afford £100, living in his multimillion pound house and driving a Ferrari......aaarrrggghhhhh!!!

1210tech":ltwfp9q8 said:
Sucks don't it, you wanna try being self employed!

I'm a 'one man band' but still get treated like everyone other company when it comes to getting paid, 60 or 90 day terms with some customers and even when I ask nicely if they can make an exception because it me, myself and I bringing in the money its always, no sorry....bloody jobs worth accountants!
And then theres private customers, one of whom has just bounced a £100 cheque on me, like as if he can't afford £100, living in his multimillion pound house and driving a Ferrari......aaarrrggghhhhh!!!

That's why he's driving a Ferarri. Most of our large customers have 90 days terms yet ask for rush delivery times. You have money earmarked outgoing sitting in your bank for 3 months for multiple vendors and the cumulative interest adds up. We invoice net 60 as part of our quotes regardless. You want it in 2 days? These are our terms. We still have a lot of small companies that stretch it out to 90 days, using the age old "I promise not to......er, we'll take care of it next cheque run." ("next cheque run" is the new "cheque's in the mail?). Kills me when the owners of the small firms pull up in a 745i with a job they need done yesterday, and haven't paid their old invoice from 6 months ago, or they show up with a cheque for an old invoice in one hand and a new job in the other, only to start the cycle all over again.

Latest posts

Back