Samsung Galaxy S2 problem...no booty

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Despite eulogising about my Galaxy S2 and how superior it is to those fruity phones tonight it has stopped working
For the past couple of days I have noticed that the full charge symbol did not go away when unplugged from charger. Turn it off and it displayed a bogus flashing temperature gauge next to battery image
Now I can not start the phone
Mmm...what is going on phone geeks?
Ta
Carl

Sounds like a 'take it back to the shop job' unfortunately, possible dodgy power connector by the sounds of it.... Is it still under warranty?

You have tried taking the battery out for a while? Is there is clear/reset routine for these?

My Nokia 8210 occasionally needs to be rebooted.

:)

Could be corrupt software, firmware or faulty hardware.
I prefer to look at them in that particular order, as the last option always ends with a trip to the shops, whereas the first 2 can be solved by the owner.
I'm not too familiar with Samsung, but isn't there some kind of reflash option? For my HTC I can download what they call an "RUU" (ROM Update Utility), basically a windows program that wipes the entire phone and re-writes everything on there.
If you find the correct one and it still doesn't help, you have a hardware problem.

To find the correct one, you'll need the phone's exact software version, the radio version (they can be found under Settings -> About phone -> Software Information) and a bit of help from the Samsung-related forums to find the correct RUU and a step-by-step tutorial.

Eek...I have tried removing the battery for a while and replacing.
Mmm...thanks for the replies all...I will try and follow the advice although I am pretty useless with these kind of things

Have you tried charging the phone through a usb instead of the charger?

Sometimes especially on older phones the charger bites the dust and creates all kinds of problems, try the usb charging if it works okay then just get a new charger

sylus":23ftfxng said:
Have you tried charging the phone through a usb instead of the charger?

Sometimes especially on older phones the charger bites the dust and creates all kinds of problems, try the usb charging if it works okay then just get a new charger

Tried :(

Turn the phone off.then turn back on using the recovery method.I'm not sure of the buttons you hold down but its easy to find out.this turns the phone on in factory reset mode.it should wipe the phone and re install the os:)

gibbleking":196orj8m said:
Turn the phone off.then turn back on using the recovery method.I'm not sure of the buttons you hold down but its easy to find out.this turns the phone on in factory reset mode.it should wipe the phone and re install the os:)

what he says, normally works, take any memory card out as well beforehand

Back