selling on ebay

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
those that sell on ebay, are you able to confirm the following:

in particular about accessing the money prior to buyer leaving feedback.

Please be advised that you're covered by eBay buyer protection if you pay your items via PayPal. You don't need to worry for your seller cannot withdraw the payment you made in an instant.

The payment you made will be put on-hold and your seller can only access this funds if you will leave a positive feedback or once 21 days have passed since the listing ended without a dispute, claim, chargeback or other action.

To learn more about this policy copy these links into a new browser window:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/a ... olicy.html

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc ... de#payment

If ever your seller failed to send the item to you after the estimated time of delivery, kindly open a case at the Resolution Centre in order for us to help you get your money back. Also, please remember that you can only file a case within 45 days after payment.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm not sure if that just applies to new sellers.

When I get an Ebay payment to into my paypal account I can withdraw it straight away.

Some buyers don't leave feedback anyway.

I agree, you can access funds as soon as they hit your account (in my experience anyway). Also the wording of your quote reads oddly, are you sure it's from paypal?.

Form the paypal link

Who Does This Affect

We set aside payments to ensure there are funds in the sellers account to cover potential claims chargeback and returns. Here are a few examples of why your payments may be placed into a pending balance:

You have a limited history of selling activity on eBay or elsewhere

You are new to selling on eBay or elsewhere

You have been a PayPal seller for less than 6 months

If selling on eBay, you have an eBay feedback score less than 100 and haven't yet established a good record as a seller

You have received less than 20 Detailed Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard

You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage

You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. you're suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)

You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, consumer electronics, smart phones, etc.

Depending on the circumstances, we may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

Matt70":1siechdr said:
I agree, you can access funds as soon as they hit your account (in my experience anyway). Also the wording of your quote reads oddly, are you sure it's from paypal?.
^^ this.

^^^ quote is from reply to question I sent to ebay. I too am pretty sure that it is possible to remove funds immediately.

When I first started selling I had this issue, but simply had to wait a period before getting my cash but I'm not if I have to any more. I still have a lowish feedback rating 59 but my feedback is 100% positive from those that bothered to give me a rating :roll:

That and I'm usually buying not selling :LOL:

i checked the item I won (reserve not met) was from seller with 18 feedback so the above all fits into place......

Back