Loudspeaker terminals...

dbmtb

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bloody cat knocked one of my loudspeakers (Wharfedale Diamond 9.4) over this morning causing the terminals to snap off....

Apart from ebay - anyone know a good supplier for

Quality terminals that will take banana plugs and spades....

No - was just thinking of a quick fast and reasonable cheap solution to get me up and running again.

The other alternative is to involve the insurance company - but that might drag out a bit....

legrandefromage":1gb4c3s1 said:

To be fair he did use the word quality. To me Maplin are for quick fixes if the good stuff isn't close to hand and frankly bizarre stuff nobody else sells.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They do..........most speakers are solderd at the terminals only internally , but crimped wire and push fit connectors at the speaker cones mostly inside.

A lot of the top end cables etc are screw/crimped ..........according to 'them that know best' it's meant to make a better connection (signal wise).......so i've heard anyway :D

^^^^ - the reasoning behind this is that the solder used to join the two metals forms a very weak diode so rogers the audio signal .... but then solid state amplifies have loads of these connections wherever an IC, transistor, diode, resistifier, capacitator etc are soldered onto a PCB .... so it does make you wonder.

Back