Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:14 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 6 music
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:27 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Posts: 8183
Location: Tredavoe, Cornwall
What the hell did the world do without it?


Just played Deborah by T-Rex, legends.

al. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:20 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:08 pm
Posts: 1626
Location: Wales
THE best station. Unfortunately my new car hasn't got DAB, so I'm stuck with other stations when driving.

I've had the good fortune to play live on R6, on the Tom Robinson show. Great bunch of geezers, especially the sound engineers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:12 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:44 pm
Posts: 2651
Location: Republik of Mancunia
Can't argue with any of this. Anyone that plays All His Geese Are Swans by Cardiacs at 7.50 of a morning gets my vote :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:16 pm 
The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Posts: 23176
Location: Retrobike HQ
Agree. Generally on all day here at RB HQ.

ratbane wrote:
THE best station. Unfortunately my new car hasn't got DAB, so I'm stuck with other stations when driving.

I've had the good fortune to play live on R6, on the Tom Robinson show. Great bunch of geezers, especially the sound engineers.


That's pretty cool!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 3098
Location: Riding my Woodsie.
Agree with all of the above. I remember the first time I found the station. Public Enemy followed by Ben Folds Five and then Jimi Hendrix. Sums up my musical taste quite nicely. :wink:

And where else would you hear the Cardiacs? 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:29 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
6 music is the only station I listen to.

It's like John Peel reincarnated as a radio station without so much of the funny segues where John used to screw it up completely by playing stuff at the wrong speed :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:34 pm
Posts: 378
Location: Leeds
Yep, can't fault it, on all day at work, nice Saturday vibes too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:57 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:08 pm
Posts: 1626
Location: Wales
John wrote:
Agree. Generally on all day here at RB HQ.

ratbane wrote:
THE best station. Unfortunately my new car hasn't got DAB, so I'm stuck with other stations when driving.

I've had the good fortune to play live on R6, on the Tom Robinson show. Great bunch of geezers, especially the sound engineers.


That's pretty cool!


Yes it was a great experience. A dash up from South Wales to central London on an autumn Friday was exiting. Five piece band performing 5 songs live to about 1.5million people (or so TR said) was truly exciting. Highlight was seeing Steve Lamarq with a can of strongbow after his show, and beers in the bbc bar. I was hoping to see Bruce Dickinson whose show was after TRs, but alas it was recorded.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:24 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:04 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Completely in the dark, thanks to me good mate Terry....
Andy B wrote:
6 music is the only station I listen to.


Same here. Not just good for giving the old stuff a dust-off, either - there's a good few bands of recent years (including British Sea Power, no less) I've discovered almost solely thanks to 6 Music.

David


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:31 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 pm
Posts: 938
firedfromthecircus wrote:
Agree with all of the above. I remember the first time I found the station. Public Enemy followed by Ben Folds Five and then Jimi Hendrix. Sums up my musical taste quite nicely. :wink:

And where else would you hear the Cardiacs? 8)


I'm of to see BFF in December! Cited!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group