Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:39 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Feedback Queens.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:13 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:24 am
Posts: 7562
Location: Manchester
Why do some people have a go at you on eBay if you forget to leave feedback?
Several times I've had shitty messages from people.

[/b]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:55 am
Posts: 946
Location: Swansea/Birmingham
because without a good rep, i.e. feedback, you will find it hard to attract buyers, especially with all the shit that goes-on on ebay with dodgy sellers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:07 pm 
National & North West AEC
National & North West AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:43 am
Posts: 8146
Location: Macclesfield Forest
Probably because it's the whole point of using eBay....?
It seems though that for many, feedback is becoming less and less important.
It does annoy me when people don't leave feedback on my transactions.
I always leave it for them.

Common courtesy. (Or perhaps not so common)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:12 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12693
Location: Fife in Scotland
drystonepaul wrote:
It seems though that for many, feedback is becoming less and less important.
It does annoy me when people don't leave feedback on my transactions.
I always leave it for them.

Common courtesy. (Or perhaps not so common)



Ditto here :x

Hence my signature ..................


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:42 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Runcorn, cheshire.
its common decency to leave feedback.
it makes the world a happier place.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:05 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:24 am
Posts: 7562
Location: Manchester
1210tech wrote:
because without a good rep, i.e. feedback, you will find it hard to attract buyers, especially with all the shit that goes-on on ebay with dodgy sellers


If a once in a lifetime part comes along and the seller has no feedback am I going to pass? No. Using PayPal its so safe these days I don't think feedback matters.


drystonepaul wrote:
Probably because it's the whole point of using eBay....?
It seems though that for many, feedback is becoming less and less important.
It does annoy me when people don't leave feedback on my transactions.
I always leave it for them.

Common courtesy. (Or perhaps not so common)



Hmmm, it's not always possible to leave feedback. I only ever seem to use iPhone / iPad on eBay using apps and I don't think you can leave feedback on those.
Any time I do turn the ageing computer on, I write one feedback then copy and paste it into the rest! :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback Queens.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:22 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 3092
Location: Runcorn, cheshire.
Rampage wrote:
Why do some people have a go at you on eBay if you forget to leave feedback?
Several times I've had shitty messages from people.

[/b]


maybe its a sign, if people are having a go at you it might be time to turn the computer on and leaving feedback.
that way you'll probably get less or no stroppy messages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:29 am 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:35 pm
Posts: 2784
Rampage wrote:
Hmmm, it's not always possible to leave feedback. I only ever seem to use iPhone / iPad on eBay using apps and I don't think you can leave feedback on those.


Rubbish, you can.... I only ever do eBay on my iPhone, and feedback is right there... there's a link to each item that requires feedback in Reminders

G


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:04 am 
North Wales AEC / OWMTBC 2010 Champion
North Wales AEC / OWMTBC 2010 Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 10:13 pm
Posts: 6066
Location: Chester
Yep, eBay app home screen and then reminders.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback Queens.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:48 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
Rampage wrote:
Why do some people have a go at you on eBay if you forget to leave feedback?
Several times I've had shitty messages from people.

[/b]


How would you feel if a buyer 'forgot' to pay?

Leaving feedback on ebay or here is all part of the transaction, and as others have said, it's common courtesy.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FairfaxPat, jm and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group