Tyres - how to send and postage costs

wire bead i'd twist to figure 8 the fold over and tie with string wrapped in a bag

folders usually just fold and tie with string and bag

no idea of prices

I have sent them like this before. It can mishape the bead a little, but hasnt posed a problem at all for me before. Have bent the bead worse getting some tyres off. Just dont pack em too tight if you were to do it that way.

The way to fold a steel bead tyre is to fold in three not two. Push in two sides at 10 and 2 o' clock, then the last one with your knees. It will flip and spring into a neat coil without twisting the bead.

hamster":1jowcunq said:
The way to fold a steel bead tyre is to fold in three not two. Push in two sides at 10 and 2 o' clock, then the last one with your knees. It will flip and spring into a neat coil without twisting the bead.

Care to demonstrate?

Rather than fold the tyres I just wrap them in x2 bin bags, pull it all tight and secure with tape and attach a label.

Usually costs about £7 to post in UK depending on the weight.

That folding looks neat though may give it a go next time!

hamster":1y1387s5 said:

+1

20" bmx tyres don't seem survive very well when folded.I ask these to be sent unfolded.Dont think anyone would send 26" 700c 29er etc without a fold or two.But then anything is possible,especially if you buy of the bay :(

Back