I just purchased a Chris King Headset, why?

jujupunk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I just got one off ebay for £49 including postage, a fair deal I though, but why??? I don't need it, my FSA Orbit III headset is fine.

What makes us buy these things with the little money we have left towards the end of the month!

I just felt the urge to try a Chris King... :oops: :shock:

I felt the urge. It creaked on me which i kind of expected. Then realised king have changed the design of the top bearing cover and still charge for it even though they know of the problem.
Ergo i was disappointed. I still miss it though.

The headset is probably the only bike part I don't ever have any trouble with (except the previous Peaks ride), I've never seen the point in spending £100 on one!

My oldest King is 17 yeas old. It's on it's 8th bike now, 3 of those saw hard use on DH race courses throughout Eastern Canada. It's just getting to the point now where I'm thinking about sending it off for new bearings during the winter. I think I got my money's worth out of it.......so far.

sylus":3dn5s49q said:
It's allllllll about the labels people

It's a little about this...

FMJ":3dn5s49q said:
My oldest King is 17 yeas old. It's on it's 8th bike now, 3 of those saw hard use on DH race courses throughout Eastern Canada. It's just getting to the point now where I'm thinking about sending it off for new bearings during the winter. I think I got my money's worth out of it.......so far.

and a whole lot about this!

I look forward to putting it on my new Explosif

I have one I bought 2nd hand in about 1996 and it's still going fine :cool: Had a Cane Creek that lasted less than a year before that in the same bike. It's been through 3 bikes since and I've given up cleaning or greasing it because every time I take it apart it still looks like new inside.

Back