The Wine List...

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Could some kind Moderator move all the Wine posts from "what do you do for a living" into here so we can continue the conversation. If it is too hard can I suggest all wine related talkery end up here, I'm very interested although there is the chance we may drive Harry out f his mind.

We could even have a sticky post so we can do a wine of the month or similar.

I'll start...

under a tenner...
Caves des Hautes Côtes, Hautes Côtes de Beaune

The Ken":3va9k02n said:
Could some kind Moderator move all the Wine posts from "what do you do for a living" into here so we can continue the conversation.

Good call dude.....I even saved lots of them other posts onto my memory stick so I can recall what to look for when next in France.... :oops: :oops:

If you like your red I can thoroughly recommend Alto Rouge from Stellenbosch, South Africa - business takes me to Cape Town occasionally and I just have to go to the wine farms ;)

Ernie Els farm produces some nice, but quite expensive stuff too

I'm with the Green rabbit :D
Oz and James's Big wine adventure was good viewing. Was in the Napier/ Gisbourne/ Hawkes bay area of NZ couple of years back... and enjoyed several days of tasting.
I do like a beer though. Speights in NZ .Got back from LV before christmas and was drinking an ale called ' Fat Tire '.... brewed in colorado by mountain bikers supposedly!!... but tasted similar to Adnams best but nuttier :shock:
Anyone tried these http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/ ?

I like red wine, not too fussed over whether its a posh bottle or a £3.99 from the petrol station.

Nice easy thing to do is Calimocho, mix red wine with diet coke - tastes nice and makes a bottle last a lot longer
redface1.gif

retrobikeguy":3q9ynmgu said:
I like red wine, not too fussed over whether its a posh bottle or a £3.99 from the petrol station.

Nice easy thing to do is Calimocho, mix red wine with diet coke - tastes nice and makes a bottle last a lot longer
redface1.gif

ask for that in france , and they will hang you . :LOL: :LOL:

Cool...I'm up for that. Can we instantly dismiss any fruit-laiden lollipop wines from the New World :LOL: :LOL:
Erm, having said that..tasted 2001 Clos de Lambrays Burgundy last night....disappointing......£59 a bottle :shock: Not that I paid for it..well, not all of it :roll:
Best of the night....Segla Margaux....only £25 :LOL: but most excellent.
HB

Back