anyone here into airgun hunting for woodies and rabbits?

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just wonder as im now getting into it I brought myself a bsa lighting xl a few months back in .177 and when i get home im swapping my green meenie road bike for a AirArms 410 sl .22 with 3l 300bar cylinder its the pre anti tamper model with nikko scope 3-9-40 and now emailing farms round my way for permissions im a good shot accurate to 50m with the .177 to under 2p size and i no i wont be shooting anything over 30m as i know from my younth its wrong as it wont kill out right over 30m

Anyway anyone else shoot target or other wise

I do a mixture of plinking and pest control when I get the time... Got a BSA Scorpion T10, nice and accurate. There's a few people into it on here, Tintin and Saltyman iirc....

i used to shoot with mkarc with a s410 and a logun sweet 16. all field target with popups and self resetting rabbits. good fun but the serious boys took it way to seriously for my liking so i got bored and sold my kit.
never went lamping though but im not really into killing stuff anyway.

i've got this sat in my room doing nothing. been tempted to load up a CO2 canister to see what it can do, but never got round to it:

imgp5292_190.jpg

know nothing about it. would like to shift it but selling this sort of stuff makes me a bit nervous!

Never spent long away from guns by choice.

Good to hear you are not just willy nilly going out and banging away.

Just a couple of days ago I had to get hold of a twerp who was shooting down hill at rabbits, right towards a footpath!

There is a problem with folks out trying to take deer with low velocity small bore as well here in the Highlands, though being fair some of the sports shooters err on the small side.

Had a couple of BSA air rifles as a lad, I think they are at my dad's. Don't think I have had anything capable of the kind of accuracy you are talking about. Amazing how things have moved along!

Chute55uk":3f2fn6ru said:
i used to shoot with mkarc with a s410 and a logun sweet 16. all field target with popups and self resetting rabbits. good fun but the serious boys took it way to seriously for my liking so i got bored and sold my kit.
never went lamping though but im not really into killing stuff anyway.

Those FT boys take it waaaaaay too seriously! Never seen the attraction myself, I prefer to shoot a few targets to get zeroed and then find something more interesting to shoot... (usually something that smashes or explodes - Old aerosol cans are good! There is lots of land where I shoot...)

Chute55uk":m669xc68 said:
i like that, what would you want for it?

i'll PM you my email address as i don't want to cause any trouble doing any sort of business involving this item on 'ere :)

twain":dkvwpf47 said:
Chute55uk":dkvwpf47 said:

i'll PM you my email address as i don't want to cause any trouble doing any sort of business involving this item on 'ere :)

People have bought and sold similar on here in the past, don't worry too much!

rosstheboss":5l79bq73 said:
twain":5l79bq73 said:
Chute55uk":5l79bq73 said:

People have bought and sold similar on here in the past, don't worry too much!

wasn't aware of that. i did ask the guv a while ago, but he didn't seem so keen, which is fair enough.

Back