Pub bikes - are they real?

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Seeing so many bikes described as pub bikes got me wondering: how many are used to go to the pubs; how much do people drink before going home on their bikes?

I'm not judging in any way but just interested. Personally I'm not that safe on a bike without a drink, so God knows how I'd manage with 2/3 pints.

Given how many say in the sale sections..selling this because my wife tells me too or..I would buy this but the mrs won't let me

I doubt hardly any pub bikes are allowed near the pub because their owners aren't allowed by their mrs

Hmmmm. My "pub" bike is my SS Catalyst. Syncros/DX Mavic ceramic wheels, Ultimate Black Ops levers/Tri-Aligns, Thompson post, RF stem, Ritchey Pro bars, shmoo 1st gen DX pedals etc. The thought of locking it to a post and forgrtting about it is foreign to me, so For me, no.

why cycle to the pub when you can just drive?

*...waits for total over reaction to the joke.*

You've got a designated drunk of course?

My pub bike is fixed gear :LOL: Always fun on the way home. And yes we have awesome cycle ways where I am so no public highway high jinks. Although I have dragged the bike home before :roll: :D

FMJ":19f04cg3 said:
Hmmmm. My "pub" bike is my SS Catalyst. Syncros/DX Mavic ceramic wheels, Ultimate Black Ops levers/Tri-Aligns, Thompson post, RF stem, Ritchey Pro bars, shmoo 1st gen DX pedals etc. The thought of locking it to a post and forgrtting about it is foreign to me, so For me, no.

Yep... DMR Trailstar frame, Middleburn cranks, Maguras, Hope hubs.... Never been near a pub!*

*The bike that is, not the rider of course

gerryattrick":399134av said:
Personally I'm not that safe on a bike without a drink,......

Me neither.... in fact, I only approach an accep[table level of safety after 3 pints, 2 Jeagerbombs, a Cheeky Vimto and a bottle off Black Tower ;)

G

I have a few miles to the pub to handle, a good hour's walk. If I am out on the bike I tend to walk it home.

If it is the car, I just shove the hazzards on and pump out ACDC at number 11. This is merely to see to the deer.

Back