Proud to be British....

grumpycommuter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
What an ace year it has been..so much has been going on in and revolving around Great Britain in this year, 2012 that i know i'll be telling my kids about it in years to come. It's almost impossible to sum it up, but watching Pistorius cruise round 400m in 46s in front of a full house screaming their heads off really drove home to me that we are a nation of sports lovers....and then i caught the end of the Proms and, while that most English of pieces of music, Pomp and Circumstance is played, there are so many flags of different nations being waved, flags of people who live and work here....and then it hits me....this is without a doubt the best country in the world...tolerant, progressive, green, beautiful....I f*****g love this country :D

I was thinking exactly the same earlier! This year has gone so fast but has been packed to the rafters of events and such this year - or have i just noticed it more? I dont think so.
Still some great stuff left too!

Glorious year indeed, and it perhaps serves to remind us all that together we are so much greater than the sum of our parts. In terms of sports at least. I don't see any reason why we cannot continue to operate as team GB even were Scotland. Wales and Temporary Ireland to further devolve.

highlandsflyer":1fq7ocou said:
...and let us hope Andy Murray can put the icing on the cake on Monday! :)

god i hope so :LOL:

i might even watch sports personality this year...Sue Barker may well explode with excitement

1210tech":127kjzzk said:
Here here! ;)

The weather has been sh1t though...... soz :LOL:

Humans are waterproof, i love the rain. Im ginger and slowly growing a dislike for the sun this year. The weather has been excellent this year (dont get me started on wind though).

highlandsflyer":3oypythp said:
You know, even if Andy wins the US Open, I hope our TDF hero gets the nod for the personality part. :)

:LOL:

i genuinely think that this year they shouldnt award it, who are you going to give it to? ...i cant think of a year in recent memory when there have been so many deserving sportsmen...ands it's made even more delicious that those wanky, overpaid twats of footballers were shit as ever :LOL:

Back