David Weir

Tazio

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I've got a bit addicted to watching the paralympics and David Weir the wheelchair racer is a total legend.

So far he's won the 5000m, 1500m and now he's just aced the 800m. All incredibly exciting races to watch.

Next up the marathon!

Interestingly he trains in Richmond Park with road cyclists, gives you an idea of the speed and power wheelchair athletes have.

And our very own Danson67 makes his chairs. Dan was on the local telly last night too.

RekiBorter:
And our very own Danson67 makes his chairs. Dan was on the local telly last night too.
Also featured in the hallowed pages of the Daily Mail today (Saturday).:shock:

Thank, Chris...it is indeed me, I admit it. I've made his racing chairs for around 12 years now, and his day chairs, too.

6 golds and a silver from athletes in my racing chairs so far...roll on the Marathon tomorrow, 3 chairs in that...Dave's a wonderful athlete, and also has the added bonus of actually being a really pleasant person too (can't say that for all of them).

Don't want to blow my own trumpet too much, but...also just been awarded the Sir Frank Whittle Medal for 2012 from the Royal Academy of Engineering for my racing chairs etc. :D

Back